Humble Choice to be $12 a month for everyone, steam keys + new "Humble Games Collection" app

crispy4000

ChoiceUpdate_Hero.jpg?fit=600%2C420&ssl=
BLOG.HUMBLEBUNDLE.COM

We’ve been listening to the Humble community about how we can make Humble Choice even better, and the message isContinue reading

Everyone gets moved to the 'legacy' plan basically.  Meaning $12 a month for Steam keys for the month's featured games.

They're also introducing a new persistent "Humble Games Collection" and an app alongside it.  It's another Games Pass-model client focused on Humble's own catalog.  But all those games will be subscription DRM locked.

Lastly, the Humble Trove is still there with DRM-free stuff, renamed as the Vault.

• crispy4000 changed the title to Humble Choice to be $12 a month for everyone, steam keys + new "Humble Games Collection" app
3 minutes ago, stepee said:

That change from the legacy plan was sooo dumb.

Yep. People not grandfathered in were asked to pay $20 instead of $12.  I can't think of any month since they changed it that was actually worth $20.

I bet we see more of the coupons go away now.  I've still got a discount for 3 months for $6 each.

15 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Yep. People not grandfathered in were asked to pay $20 instead of $12.  I can't think of any month since they changed it that was actually worth $20.

I bet we see more of the coupons go away now.  I've still got a discount for 3 months for $6 each.

I have skipped more months than not I think November was the last I participated in.

6 hours ago, TheLeon said:

I haven’t subbed for a while. I quit when I realized that I didn’t even bother redeeming 75% of the keys I was getting each month, and rarely playing the ones I redeemed. 

I bought into maybe half the months this year, because of coupons that made it $6-8 instead of $12.  Not every month has been a winner, but I've had no problem buying a bundle for the 1-3 games I'd actually want for that price.

Humble would be a lot less attractive if you didn't get to choose your months.  That flexibility & game ownership are the real benefits to it IMO.  I hope the bundle model doesn't die with Games Pass (and the like) taking over public consciousness.

6 hours ago, TheLeon said:

I haven’t subbed for a while. I quit when I realized that I didn’t even bother redeeming 75% of the keys I was getting each month, and rarely playing the ones I redeemed. 

I'm thinking about making a thread to give away the extra codes that I have. I have a lot, and it would also help me keep track of what I already gave away.