Marvel's Midnight Suns ("its a fucking card battle game basically lol" - Firewithin) - Information Thread, update: "Blood Storm" DLC to release on May 11, Switch version cancelled

Commissar SFLUFAN

I think they should have cut a lot more.  You couldn't not participate in the drama, because you needed to build friendship levels to finish the game.  But I found the conversations to be the least fun part of the game -- and to be honest many of them felt like high school drama to me.

I really hope with time this ends up being a success for Firaxis they put a lot into it. It definitely has a following maybe the DLC will sell well enough they decide to do another season of it. Also I'm sure when it hits lower price points it will move a ton of copies deck builders have been popular for a while now but I think most people are looking to pay $20 for that and are willing to buy DLC down the line.

I've played 2 of the characters in DLC (Venom and Deadpool).  While I think they are well done, I don't think there is enough content to justify their price.  As well, the DLC isn't something you can play through with a finished save.  You really need to start the game again.  How many gamers are willing to do that on a 50-hour game?  Particularly when you have to slog through the exact same friendship dialog a SECOND time?

35 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

As well, the DLC isn't something you can play through with a finished save. 

? Yes you can, that's how I've been playing it.

Also, fwiw, the legendary edition which includes all the DLC is on sale for $44 most places.

Just now, Spork3245 said:

? Yes you can, that's how I've been playing it.

Also, fwiw, the legendary edition which includes all the DLC is on sale for $44 most places.

How do you level them up to get their legendary cards?  Just playing them a whole bunch in side missions?

I've started playing it the past week.  I agree it's too much discussion, like a JRPG, but I also like the writing, it's got many references and snark.  I normally love exploring around and finding things, which this game seems to continuously throw at you, but I also find the game gives me motion sickness which I haven't run into in a while.  I'm taking some advice from a thread regarding this issue and turned off motion blur and turned down depth to it's lowest.  It helped, but it didn't totally go away.  I'll try turning off depth to see if that makes a difference.  This game feels like a 100 hour game at the rate I'm going.

• 4 months later...

Finally got around to this and while it runs a little choppy on my old rig I love what I've played so far <3 I haven't even got to selecting who I want to play as or upgrading cards yet... pretty sure thus will become one of my favorite games of all time (shame we won't get a sequel </3).