Recovered tablet reveals scale of Russian mercenary operations in Libyan civil war (BBC)

_119886642_wagner-still.jpg
WWW.BBC.COM

A Samsung tablet obtained by the BBC unveils chilling details of how mercenaries fought in Libya’s war.

A new BBC investigation has revealed the scale of operations by a shadowy Russian mercenary group in Libya's civil war, which includes links to war crimes and the Russian military.

A Samsung tablet left by a fighter for the Wagner group exposes its key role - as well as traceable fighter codenames.

And the BBC has a "shopping list" for state-of-the-art military equipment which expert witnesses say could only have come from Russian army supplies.

In addition to Libya, the Wagner Group has been operating in a few other parts of Africa, notably the Central African Republic and Mozambique where to say that their results haven been "mixed" would be an understatement.

MozFlag.jpg
WWW.GEOPOLITICALMONITOR.COM

Russia’s loss could be the United States’ gain when it comes to mercenary operations in Africa.

Russian-mercs.jpg?fit=600%2C350&ssl=1
SOFREP.COM

Russia’s Wagner Group is having an increasingly difficult time in Africa. About a year ago, Moscow was crowing about beating the West and China in

3911465523_b95c16c79c_k.jpg
WWW.THEMOSCOWTIMES.COM

The secretive Kremlin-linked group is growing in scope and ambition, winning contracts normally reserved for local security firms.

33 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Pimpin ain't easy. 

I truly didn't think we'd see a lot of low intensity stuff being done by private military corps. But here we are, I suppose. 

I wonder how it felt for a bunch of neo-Nazi/white supremacist types which constitute a not-insignificant portion of Wagner Group personnel to have their lily-white Slavic asses handed to them by black Africans in Mozambique?

21 minutes ago, CayceG said:

lmao I assumed there were more right wing folks in Wagner, but I didn't know there were full on NAZIS.

That's hilarious to me!

Just now, Zaku3 said:

I assume they never got the memo that they arent in the club. You'd think the Ostfront would be a good enough memo though.

They must honestly be convinced/deluded into thinking that Nazis would consider them to be the "good Slavs" and exempt them from the entire "sub-human status" thing.

4 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

They must honestly be convinced/deluded into thinking that Nazis would consider them to be the "good Slavs" and exempt them from the entire "sub-human status" thing.

The shock face they'd make would eclipse the Pikachu shock face meme when they get sent to the camps.

Also I personally wouldn't trust the "good Slavs". Fascism needs an external enemy there is no way "good slav" wouldn't slide into to the camps.