Who needs labor protection laws? Certainly not Frito-Lay, a subsidiary of PepsiCo.

24xp-fritolay-videoSixteenByNine3000.jpg
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

The workers at a Frito-Lay plant in Topeka went on strike this month to protest forced overtime and so-called suicide shifts, which they said left little time to sleep or see family members.

image.png

3 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

I interviewed for Frito-Lay once, and the normal hours sounded like ass.  And if you drive the truck the hours were even worse, 50-60 hr\week.

ok I guess I lied.

Yeah driver start times are all over the place depending on if you were bulk or small format. Some started at 3:30am and mostly bulk/grocery stores and other at 11am or later. Bulk don’t have to merchandise the stores as a sales rep/merchandiser comes and does it for them. Small formats like convenience stores and gas stations would be done by the driver themselves, and sometimes it’s the waiting to unload that will drag their days out. Driver could bank overtime and take the extra cash they earn at a different time, like say a vacation week. I wasn’t a driver but hung around with a ton when I fucked up my wrist because of work