Which universal remote is best universal remote?

I'm tired of juggling 3-4 remotes (TV, receiver, AppleTV, Xbone) - I don't want to spend an insane amount. I'm guessing a Logitech harmony is the route to go...? Does it automatically change receiver inputs for me when I select control of a device (ie: I select "AppleTV" and it switches to the correct input on my receiver)? I haven't used any type of universal remote in like 20 years :p 

I've had a couple Logitech Harmony remotes and I very much like them. They're imperfect, as any IR based device is bound to be, but they generally get everything right, and rarely need help beyond pressing the help button once.

It will switch the receiver and television inputs to the correct device.

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

I'm tired of juggling 3-4 remotes (TV, receiver, AppleTV, Xbone) - I don't want to spend an insane amount. I'm guessing a Logitech harmony is the route to go...? Does it automatically change receiver inputs for me when I select control of a device (ie: I select "AppleTV" and it switches to the correct input on my receiver)? I haven't used any type of universal remote in like 20 years :p 

I'm in the same boat.

14 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Is this the one to get considering I don't want to spend $250+ on the touch screen one? :p 

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Harmony-Companion-Control-Entertainment/dp/B00N3RFC4G/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

Hmmm... I can also get the "Ultimate" for about $40 more - is it worth it over the Companion? It's a bit more than I want to spend ($125 refurbed by logitech vs $83 refurbed by logitech), but if it's really that much better I'll do it (both come with the IR blaster).

1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Harmony Hub + Alexa = an actual functioning Kinect

I really like this.  I set it up to turn on my tv and a light in the morning to help wake me up.

I did get a email notice from slickdeals for one of these harmony remotes for $60.  The home control remote has a few extra buttons dedicated to controlling lights and other smart home devices.  You might not need those.

I bought a manufacturer refurbished Elite for $168 because I’m an asshole who always winds up going about $70 over budget :p 

Honestly, after watching a few reviews, the Elite was the only one that made sense to get. Especially since I really don’t want to have to use my smartphone or try and memorize which device uses the short press vs long press on the non-LCD screen remotes (the Elite’s screen will say each device).