Anyone ever have a fungal infection under a nail?

Fizzzzle

I've had one for the past year and a half or so. It gets bad, I get medication for it, it "goes away", then it comes back. I thought it was gone this time, but it started raining a lot this last week and boom, here it comes.

The doctor said it's probably from my line of work given my hands are wet all of the time. Bar rot is already a thing, none of my nails have cuticles. And I work in a bar that's 110ish years old, so you can imagine the pipes and whatnot probably aren't the best.

But, like, dude, this shit won't go away. I've gotten medicine for it 3 times. It just comes back.

(If it makes you feel any better about getting drinks at a bar 1) don't, bars are dirty, either be comfortable with that or don't drink at them, 2) I use a finger condom over that finger)

7 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Maybe this is how you got the herp. You touched your dick with your fungus finger. :sick:

If only it were that simple.

No, the doc said that the nail infection isn't contagious, I just use the finger condom as a safety precaution just in case. I actually wonder if keeping a finger condom on it makes it worse, like a small amount of water gets in and can't evaporate out, so it just feeds the infection.

If you think it's super gross, it's basically like athlete's foot, only on my finger. If you looked at my finger right now, you wouldn't be able to tell it's there.

26 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

No, the doc said that the nail infection isn't contagious, I just use the finger condom as a safety precaution just in case. I actually wonder if keeping a finger condom on it makes it worse, like a small amount of water gets in and can't evaporate out, so it just feeds the infection.

If you think it's super gross, it's basically like athlete's foot, only on my finger. If you looked at my finger right now, you wouldn't be able to tell it's there.

Maybe try some New Skin on your finger nail. Spray it all over the finger tip and let it dry. Stuff is like super glue and should keep moisture out. 

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

it definitely sounds like it makes it worse.