Mission Impossible 7, A Quiet Place 2 Will Debut on Paramount Plus 45 Days After Theatrical

Roughly six weeks

a_quiet_place_part_2_-_publicity_still_-
WWW.HOLLYWOODREPORTER.COM

New installments of 'Paranormal Activity' and Pet Sematary will be among the productions that Paramount Pictures will be making exclusively for Paramount+.

Pretty much what the studios had been pushing for prior to the Pandemic. Also Paramount plus will get the MGM movies as well including the next James Bond.

Mission: Impossible 7 and A Quiet Place Part II, which are slated to be released in theaters Nov. 19 and Sept. 17, respectively, will debut on Paramount+ 45 days after their big-screen runs. Paw Patrol: The Movie is also on that list.

Meanwhile, new installments of Paranormal Activity and Pet Sematary will be among the productions that Paramount Pictures will be making directly for Paramount+.

Additionally, MGM movies, including the upcoming James Bond movie No Time to Die, will find its streaming home on Paramount+ thanks to a new expansion deal with MGM-owned Epix. The will allow the new service to have 2,500 movies in total at launch, including 700 titles from the Miramax library.

I think the end of all this is day and date for small titles, 17 day windows for mid size titles, and somewhere in the 31-45 day window for big titles. The studios have zero incentive to give up theatrical revenue, but they DO have incentive to use theatrical marketing and the theatrical runs themselves in conjunction with home releases to get the best bang for their buck. Having to do two completely separate ad campaigns for theatrical and then home video is just not going to fly.

13 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

If you subscribe before next week you can get an entire year for 30 bucks. From what I understand, This service will have the biggest library.

I believe that 30 price is for the tier with ads, which if I am remembering correctly from an article I read doesn't actually include everything. From what I recall (I'll post link if I can remember where I saw it) P+ is going to have 2 levels with the ad free one also having exclusive content. I think the half off the ad free one would be 50 for the year.

1 hour ago, EternallDarkness said:

I believe that 30 price is for the tier with ads, which if I am remembering correctly from an article I read doesn't actually include everything. From what I recall (I'll post link if I can remember where I saw it) P+ is going to have 2 levels with the ad free one also having exclusive content. I think the half off the ad free one would be 50 for the year.

Yes the ad free one IS 50 a year with the discount for the ad free version (which is ultmately what I got) I think what you're talking about is this

And the $10 monthly subscription won't be the only choice. In June, Paramount Plus will add a cheaper, $5-a-month "base" tier in June that is supported by advertising and that limits what you can watch. That cheaper tier is a $1 discount from CBS All Access' entry-level price, but this base tier will no longer have the livestream of CBS' broadcast network. The Paramount Plus premium tier will include the breadth of everything on Paramount Plus without ads (except for those on the live channel). But the base tier includes ads during the shows and movies you watch on demand, and it will limit how much programming you can watch -- you don't get the live CBS network, and though you'll be able to watch NFL games, you won't be able to see all of Paramount Plus' live sports, for example. 

Seems to just limit live content and to be a way to leverage the sports stuff.