Famicom Detective Club: The Missing Heir & The Girl Who Stands Behind (May 14, 2021)

Keyser_Soze

spacer.png

Solve a murder mystery surrounding a wealthy Japanese family

Hunt for clues, talk to suspects, and explore the Japanese countryside after tragedy strikes the wealthy Ayashiro family. Filled with suspense, this tale follows an amnesia-stricken detective trying to unravel his own past amidst the horrors of a harrowing murder investigation. Play at home, on the go, or in your favorite reading nook—only on the Nintendo Switch™ system.

Play Famicom Detective Club in English for the first time

Originally released in Japan only, the Famicom Detective Club™: The Missing Heir game has been localized with English text and modernized for Nintendo Switch. While the graphics, music, and sound effects have been recreated, players can choose the original 8-bit soundtrack. Discover a piece of Nintendo history with the Famicom Detective Club series of games.

Buy one Famicom Detective Club game, get the other at a discount

Famicom Detective Club: The Missing Heir is the first entry in the series. The game’s prequel, Famicom Detective Club: The Girl Who Stands Behind, is also available on Nintendo eShop. If you purchase one of these games on Nintendo eShop, you can get $10 off the other when also purchased on Nintendo eShop*!

*Discount applied when payment is processed.
*Discount applied to the 2nd game after the 1st game is purchased.

spacer.png

Find the secret behind a grizzly rumor haunting a Japanese high school

Interrogate suspects and hunt for clues to piece together chilling conundrums plaguing a high school in Japan. Suspense (and a little bit of horror) ensues as you try to free students from their nightmare. Play at home, on the go, or in your favorite reading nook—only on the Nintendo Switch system. Can you figure out who the culprit is...before it’s too late?

• 2 months later...

@best3444

I played about an hour and a half of the first game (The Missing Heir) so far. This game feels like a cross between an adventure game and a visual novel, lot's of dialogue but there are interactive elements (like choosing where to look on the screen). It's a bit of a slow starter but I'm definitely intrigued with the mystery. There's not much in terms of options. The game is voiced entirely in Japanese, no English dub. There is an option to hear the original famicom music, which is a nice novelty, but the new arranged music is a better fit plus has added ambiance which is removed if you listen to the original soundtrack.

I think the game looks great though. Very detailed art, backgrounds are beautiful. I think the models are 3D but look like a cartoon (like an ASW game). It was developed by Mages who's done other Visual Novels (like a shitload of them) so I feel that they were the right people for the job. In any case I'll certainly continue this game though I will say it probably won't be everyone's cup of tea.

5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

@best3444

I played about an hour and a half of the first game (The Missing Heir) so far. This game feels like a cross between an adventure game and a visual novel, lot's of dialogue but there are interactive elements (like choosing where to look on the screen). It's a bit of a slow starter but I'm definitely intrigued with the mystery. There's not much in terms of options. The game is voiced entirely in Japanese, no English dub. There is an option to hear the original famicom music, which is a nice novelty, but the new arranged music is a better fit plus has added ambiance which is removed if you listen to the original soundtrack.

I think the game looks great though. Very detailed art, backgrounds are beautiful. I think the models are 3D but look like a cartoon (like an ASW game). It was developed by Mages who's done other Visual Novels (like a shitload of them) so I feel that they were the right people for the job. In any case I'll certainly continue this game though I will say it probably won't be everyone's cup of tea.

Definitely not my cup of tea but I know you like that art style. I'll have to look up vids to see it. Thanks for the impressions. 

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Why go through the trouble of looking them up when you could literally just look up in this thread and see what it looks like. :p

Because I'm an idiot and posted that at 5:40am as I just woke up lol. I'll watch them later. I just got back to work and I'm fuckin slammed with work. 150 emails and so much shit to catch up on. Thanks for the impressions. I know @stepee was waiting for impressions too.