Discovery season 3 is really fucking good so far.

Jason

Five episodes have aired so far. It's like a completely different show now, they've really fixed a ton of the problems with it. If you haven't watched season 2 and don't want to I'd just find something that recaps the season and jump ahead to season 3.

3 hours ago, Captain Pickle said:

I’m friggen shocked how much better it is. Except that one episode by frakes. Man, Michael was a total cheeseball. Which was totally frakes fault. He is the ultimate cheeseball 

Don't you diss on Two Takes Frakes. :angry:

I have really liked the season so far. First episode was ok, but I had a feeling it would feel like Star Trek as soon as we reunited with Discovery and the crew. And so far I’ve been right. 

the preview of the next episode looks like it is diverging back to the action sci-fi show Discovery started as. We’ll see, but I have really liked the direction it’s been going so far. 

5 hours ago, Bataar said:

I enjoy the premise, but I still find it hard to believe how entirely useless the crew is except for Michael who can solve/fix/do anything.

Have you watched through today's episode? Because they're clearly so far beyond that now. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, dualhunter said:

Did you prefer Tilly? :p They should have a different captain every week. The cat should be captain next.

The way Tilly got XO was dumb as shit but at least the actress sold it once it happened.

I just wanted Saru to stay as captain. It was really cool having an alien as the captain, let alone a Federation idealist diehard like Saru.

• 1 month later...

Got around to watching the season. Certainly an improvement over the first 2 seasons but still a ways to go to get to what I would call a good show.

Good stuff

Booker, new character and one of the best on the show 

the unknown future, they had a blank canvas to work on and they ran with it. This was the biggest improvement on the season, really letting the show be its own thing without being shackled by trying to fit into canon

solid badguy, Osyraa was one the better villains I think we have had in Trek, certainly evil but not full on mustache twirling

I liked they at least tried to give the rest of the bridge crew something to do this season besides say "yes sir", or "shields down to X%". Detmer's PTSD plot could have been better but it was better than nothing

Still love Jett Reno just wish she was used more.

Competent and non-evil starfleet Admiral. Vance was by the book but he wasn't an idiot, just a guy trying to hold things together with limited resources.

bad stuff

Things still revolve around Michael, I don't have a problem with her being the main character and having a bunch of screen but once again situations come up that only Michael can solve, not another skilled starfleet officer but it must literally be Michael Burnham, only she could go to Vulcan no one else could get them to talk. I don't want to hear anything about Spock, Michael's mom or the red angel suit next season.

Trying to redeem Georgiou. Michelle Yeoh is great and chews scenes in the best kind of way but calling Georgiou space Hitler is DOWNPLAYING what she had done as Empress.

I can't believe they double downed on the amount of giant empty spaces inside Discovery after last season's turbolift scenes, that big action scene at the end of the season was fast and the furious level ridiculous.

The mystery around the burn and its resolution, not a fan of how that all worked out.