Nintendo Switch Pro rumors are swirling again

Brian

8 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

The PS4 launched after MS gave them a thorough ass-whoopin' the previous gen. We're talking about the classic cocky Sony here, not threatened Sony. You know, the Sony that says they believe in generations which is why they're not big on cross-gen or whatever, but also feel free to buy the new Horizon or Spider-Man on your PS4!

So it’s either cocky Sony or threatened Sony to you, good to know.

This is why you say hyperbolic things like $600 was always the plan when the All Digital is launching for $400. 

We may never know what the plans were, but Sony waited until right after Microsoft announced their price to announce their own.  If they were always at $500/$400, I don't think anyone would've been upset at that, so why wait for so long to announce?  Everyone knew both were waiting to be able to adjust to the others price if need be.  So I don't think it's a slam dunk to say, they were definitely at $500/$400 regardless of what MS did.

15 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

We may never know what the plans were, but Sony waited until right after Microsoft announced their price to announce their own.  If they were always at $500/$400, I don't think anyone would've been upset at that, so why wait for so long to announce?  Everyone knew both were waiting to be able to adjust to the others price if need be.  So I don't think it's a slam dunk to say, they were definitely at $500/$400 regardless of what MS did.

Both companies realized the danger of being undercut this gen.  The PS4 hammered in how important that can be.  They each took that lesson in different ways this time, and is reflected in the pricing structure we see now.

It’d be great if someday one of these two had the balls (or desperation) to adjust the pricing after their competitor announced, AMD style.

12 minutes ago, thedarkstark said:

Honestly I was expecting the Series X and PS5 disc edition to cost $600. I think Sony for certain adjusted their prices according to MS. Sony waited it out for a reason.

I just shave $100 off of what Digital Foundry expects, lol.  They’ve been spot on every time if you follow that rule. :p

I think the bigger question was always where the Series S would land.

I doubt we'll see 4K support. Maybe, hopefully in 2023 when the Switch successor launches it will have 4K support, but I don't see it happening for a Switch Pro. A bit more powerful to get higher frames, and maybe the handheld screen will be bigger/1080p, but that's really about it.

3 minutes ago, Brick said:

I doubt we'll see 4K support. Maybe, hopefully in 2023 when the Switch successor launches it will have 4K support, but I don't see it happening for a Switch Pro. A bit more powerful to get higher frames, and maybe the handheld screen will be bigger/1080p, but that's really about it.

If it can reliably do 1080p native and it has a modern Nvidia architecture, it should be able to get to 4K with DLSS performance mode.

That’s still a big if, granted.