Questions about Remote Play

JPDunks4

Question for everyone.

I've been messing around with xCloud more and more now that I got the Razr Kishi.  I had been using the regular xCloud with the library of games they have available.  Today I tested using my own console as the Server, and love it.  Having my entire library of games accessible and the performance seemed the same as the regular xCloud experience.  

(Back compat titles aren't supported)

I own a PS4, and obviously have Steam.  I know both support Remote Play as well.  

You can link your Steam and PS4 to remote play apps, and play anywhere right?  Is it tied only to your home network, or is it any on connection?  I want to get all of them setup, as during the summer I spend way more time at my parents place, and having quick access is nice if I hang out there when we get the typical afternoon storms.

I just haven't looked into either yet, and quickly Googling Sony's solution made it sound like I had to get some workaround.

36 minutes ago, Nokt said:

Steam Link/remote play Anywhere let’s you stream on different networks no?

From what I understand Steam Link is limited to the same wi-fi network that your steam is linked to as in you can't play it outside of your home.

Something like GeForce Now is something that is more like XCloud where you could play anywhere.

6 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

From what I understand Steam Link is limited to the same wi-fi network that your steam is linked to as in you can't play it outside of your home.

Something like GeForce Now is something that is more like XCloud where you could play anywhere.

Nope.  Your computer just has to be turned on.

https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/play-your-steam-library-anywhere-even-mobile-data-0201563/

Another question, I know Nvidia Shield had publishers pull games out from the service before.  How did Nvidia Shield work?  Wasn't it just streaming games you owned to the device?

As far as I can tell, I can play every Xbox One game I own to any Android device through console streaming.  Only back compat titles aren't supported.

Is it possible publishers also block their games from this when it's out of beta?

I set up Steam Link, it recognized the Razr Kishi, fired it up, launched Fall Guys, and couldn't even launch a game because it had me in m/kb settings.  Nothing I did seemed to get it to recognize the controller, which is odd considering Fall Guys also is configured for controller.

Pretty frustrating for a first time try.  Having m/kb controls be the default on PC may make it a bit more of an issue trying to play some of these games portably.

*I tried Remant right after and it worked pretty flawlessly.  Only tried it on my Home Network though, not on 4G.