Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning (08 September 2020) - Information Thread, update: first reviews from OpenCritic posted

I put over 100 hours into the game on 360 and I can honestly say it's a "good" game. It's a 7 or an 8. It's not gonna blow anyone's socks off, but it's not bad either.

Played a couple hours of Re-Reckoning so far. The graphical upgrade isn't huge, but the improved framerate makes a big difference. If you played this on PC originally there probably isn't any reason to go back to it, but if you tried it on 360 or PS3 it's worth it to try it again just for the smoother gameplay.

So I have vague memories of playing some of this back in the day and generally enjoying it, but didn't make it all that far. Now that I'm diving back in, I feel like this is exactly the kind of game I've been craving lately. I've been looking for something with that kinda brainless MMO structure of 

• gather a bunch of quests
  • go to quest marker
  • kill stuff
  • get loot and watch numbers go up

...but without all of the excess of the average MMO. I think this is one I'll dip and out of for months, and maybe never finish, but generally have a good time. 

• 4 months later...