AMD is Ryzen. It is Ryzen indeed.

7 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

You need more fans though!  Is it unlucky that I have 13 (3 behind the radiator on the side) in my non-XL version of that case, and another one ready to be installed over my RAM whenever I get motivated to take apart the case again?

I need more....multiple things. :p

7 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I have the Lian-Li Dynamic and 3 fans on the side and a radiator on the top.

Saw a lot of benchmarks / reviews saying putting them on the bottom as well wasn't all that beneficial.

Yeah from what I gathered from Gamers Nexus' review it's better to have that side intake going if you have limited fans. Just three fans cost me $70, and to fill every slot would have cost me over $230.

Freakin fans are expensive.

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Also, you need the name brands (Corsair anyway) to get it to interface with your motherboard correctly and so you can program the colors with the hub/ link software 

The set I bought had a controller with a passthrough option, which goes to a Cooler Master controller which then goes to my motherboard.  Also I have found that letting the motherboard control the light effects can raise CPU usage.  Depending on the effect I saw a 3-5% spike on an 8 core CPU.  So now I just let the standalone controller take charge.  

21 hours ago, Reputator said:

Those of you with Ryzen CPUs, are any of you using fast memory?

I have 3600 memory and I'm trying to clock the Infinity Fabric to 1800 as recommended, but I'm having a hard time with cold boots and stuff.

Yes, I have 3200 MHz memory overclocked currently to 3600 MHz, and at one point I was running it at 3733 which was mostly stable, but decided to back off for the summer heat.  RAM stability is particularly sensitive to temperature, so have some airflow over those sticks.  At 3800 MHz I could not get mine stable.

Perhaps you need to raise your SoC voltage, which is tied to the memory controller on the CPU, in order to run at 3600.

I was using the following guide so almost everything I manually tweaked, including CPU-related settings like voltage.  You can try plugging your memory into it to see what it recommends:

https://www.overclock.net/forum/13-amd-general/1640919-new-dram-calculator-ryzena-1-7-3-overclocking-dram-am4-membench-0-8-dram-bench-709.html

3 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Yes, I have 3200 MHz memory overclocked currently to 3600 MHz, and at one point I was running it at 3733 which was mostly stable, but decided to back off for the summer heat.  RAM stability is particularly sensitive to temperature, so have some airflow over those sticks.  At 3800 MHz I could not get mine stable.

Perhaps you need to raise your SoC voltage, which is tied to the memory controller on the CPU, in order to run at 3600.

I was using the following guide so almost everything I manually tweaked, including CPU-related settings like voltage.  You can try plugging your memory into it to see what it recommends:

https://www.overclock.net/forum/13-amd-general/1640919-new-dram-calculator-ryzena-1-7-3-overclocking-dram-am4-membench-0-8-dram-bench-709.html

I heard of the DRAM Calculator. Unfortunately I had zero luck with the settings it suggested, even the "safe" ones. I've seen some other people which also didn't get anywhere with it.

I don't think it's SoC voltage just because the board came at default set to 1.2v, which seems oddly high. I read changing the Ohm resistance for the ProcODT somewhere between 40-60 can help stability, and right now at 48ohms it seems to be happy. But we'll see. It could also be a temperature thing as you mentioned, I didn't think of that.