Time for a new monitor. Halp?

I've been looking around for a new monitor and struggling to decide for myself. I'm currently on an old LG IPS236V, and its served me well. I've fallen in love with the IPS panel at this point because of it. But I'd like to take a step forward and get at least 144hz at 1440p, and maybe a little lower than 5ms(granted if I can snag another good IPS, 5ms will suit me just fine). So my goals are 27" 1440p 144hz, and lower than 5ms would be a plus, and IPS would also be a plus. But from what I've seen, I'll have to compromise somewhere, the first 3 points are my main concern anywho. My budget is pretty loose, honestly less than $700 would be nice, as I mostly just want to get something I'll be satisfied with for a long time, since I'm coming up on the 9-10 year mark with my current monitor and I'm lazy with upgrades, but always the cheaper and most bang for my buck, the better.

Mostly for gaming. Like to play Overwatch and other FPS's and prefer to "try hard" and play competitively, so excited to be able to do so and feel like I have the system, monitor, and other peripherals that can compliment that for the first time. So perfect colors for editing aren't a necessity, but pretty colors and deep blacks would be nice to have.

Specs for what its worth:

R5 3600

980ti (Thanks @Spork3245 :3)

16gb RAM

Its pretty slim pickins right now. Rtings most recommended monitor isn't available or its runner up. I typed in 1440p/144hz on amazon, looked up monitors on pcpartpicker too and most of them are OOS.

LG 27GL850 $500 - 1440p 144hz nano IPS 1ms Freesync/Gsync compatible. I currently use this monitor. The stand can be finicky sometimes, but other than that no issues

BH is a reputable vendor, I buy a bunch of my camera stuff through them. Its back-ordered though by about a month.

Some stuff I found in stock, but have no idea about them

Acer XB271HU

Acer VG271UP

Stuff coming soonish

Asus XG279Q - May 6th

Eve Spectrum - Q3 2020 QHD144/240hz or 4K/144hz. No idea how good this is going to be, its pretty new to the scene.

I have an old Asus MG279Q that I could sell if you're at all interested.

@Nokt Thanks for taking the time to look around. I had spent an hour or two and glanced around at a few different things the past week, and yeah the ones that I'd really consider are sold out for a bit or the ones that are in stock are being upscaled from availability. 

I kinda like the idea of taking that ASUS off your hands. Hits the points I was looking for, plus I really like the idea of that Eve one you mentioned... so the ASUS could hold me off till later this year, then I can get something real nice and use that as my second.

How much would you like for it?

@Keyser_Soze Thanks for the offer! Even if you wanted to toss it to me for free, I'd rather it go to someone else in need, tryna step up from 60hz above all other points.

9 hours ago, Blkm0nk3y92 said:

Only have to put down $100 to reserve one of them Eves, too. Tempting.

Probably is this company has absolutely 0 credibility right now. I'm hoping for the best because I would love a 1440p/240hz monitor, but I'd highly suggest waiting for initial review even if the cost is slightly higher after launch. 

18 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

*psst* you're the one in need.

I guess I'll just give it to the DAV then.

LOL. You know what I mean. Could be a handy 3rd monitor, but I don't even have space for that, currently. 

Tbh I'm using some spare parts to put together a PC for a friend to get into PC Gaming. If you wanna donate it for that, that'd be super appreciated!

14 hours ago, Nokt said:

Probably is this company has absolutely 0 credibility right now. I'm hoping for the best because I would love a 1440p/240hz monitor, but I'd highly suggest waiting for initial review even if the cost is slightly higher after launch. 

Yeah I did some looking into them, more or less they seem legit, though. I'll definitely wait to see how it pans out with their first reviews with reputable sources when they ship those. But especially with everything going on this year, I bet their Q3 is gonna get pushed back anywho. Supposedly LG is the panel manufacturer and the panel isn't on the market yet, too. 

• 3 months later...
On 3/30/2020 at 2:28 AM, Nokt said:

Its pretty slim pickins right now. Rtings most recommended monitor isn't available or its runner up. I typed in 1440p/144hz on amazon, looked up monitors on pcpartpicker too and most of them are OOS.

LG 27GL850 $500 - 1440p 144hz nano IPS 1ms Freesync/Gsync compatible. I currently use this monitor. The stand can be finicky sometimes, but other than that no issues

BH is a reputable vendor, I buy a bunch of my camera stuff through them. Its back-ordered though by about a month.

i just got one of these and wow is this thing gorgeous.  out of the box the colors are so vivid.