Recently Updated Topic Sidebar

Keyser_Soze

On 3/6/2020 at 2:46 PM, SFLUFAN said:

@Keyser_Soze - like that?

I don't think I really care that much but I think the reason we didn't have it in the first place is because we tried it and quickly realized it causes a lot of extra scrolling on mobile, and also IIRC because of the bottom of the page on desktop to go way past where "who's online" bit is.

On Desktop it shows on the top and pushed everything down. I don't really care for it because of that. I don't know if this is even possible to do, and I don't think it would work on full width themes like Retro, but I'd like it if the recently updated was moved to the left hand side. I use the Xbox theme and there is so much blank space on the left I feel that I would be perfect. You know, something like this. But it really isn't a big deal as if you don't like the Newest Threads widget you can easily get rid of it with UBO or any adblocker.

You can also do the same with Blocked Users. If you have Someone blocked you can then adblock the "You've chosen to ignore content by" so you literally never see their content unless there is a quote. You can do the same with user avatars/icons. You could kinda make your own SFW theme that way, but you'd need to block each users icon. I don't know of a way to block all icons at once. 

27 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

On desktop it shows it on the right for me.

For me too. What I mean is it pushes all the other Side bar stuff down except for birthdays. It is why I'd love it if the pic I posted was possible. Tho, I may be the only person who likes that and people may not want that change. I just assume it isn't possible to put widgets on the left. 

6 hours ago, Bacon said:

On Desktop it shows on the top and pushed everything down. I don't really care for it because of that. I don't know if this is even possible to do, and I don't think it would work on full width themes like Retro, but I'd like it if the recently updated was moved to the left hand side. I use the Xbox theme and there is so much blank space on the left I feel that I would be perfect. You know, something like this. But it really isn't a big deal as if you don't like the Newest Threads widget you can easily get rid of it with UBO or any adblocker.

You can also do the same with Blocked Users. If you have Someone blocked you can then adblock the "You've chosen to ignore content by" so you literally never see their content unless there is a quote. You can do the same with user avatars/icons. You could kinda make your own SFW theme that way, but you'd need to block each users icon. I don't know of a way to block all icons at once. 

Unfortunately, for some inexplicable reason, the software doesn't allow for the insertion of the blocks on the left side :(

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Unfortunately, for some inexplicable reason, the software doesn't allow for the insertion of the blocks on the left side :(

I just tried setting the new topic feed to only show 3 at a time like the other feeds, but it seems like it doesn't really gain that much vertical space.