Bleeding Edge Closed Beta Out Now on Game Pass

The def star

Playing a few hours it's quite fun. The team play aspect of the game is very important. So far a lot of people have just been running off and doing their own thing and dying. Had several people play healing classes only to use them as DPS which is annoying but the beta is open to all Game Pass members which means people who don't normally play games like this will be giving it a shot. I actually am looking forward to playing more of it once I get home as I have been doing well healer class.

I did the tutorial and played a match. For some reason it's capped at 60 FPS on PC, which looks surprisingly choppy when you're used to higher, but whatever. Beyond that, while it seemed really interesting initially, a lot of the game seemed to involve people stunlocking each other until they died? Like some dude with a sword could just keep knocking you down over and over, with the evade stuff helping you up what felt like only sometimes, even when you had stamina left? The game is weirdly quiet, with no music and very quiet and sporadic sound effects, character movement feels incredibly slow for the kind of action they're selling, even your mount moves like 50% too slow. I dunno what it is with games like this and having players move like molasses, but Overwatch, as has been used as a comparison here, did not need to artificially slow you down in this way.

In any case, we easily won because the enemy healer was awful, and I took the brunt of our deaths as our healer because as I said, seems pretty easy to lock someone down unless you get a conga line of other people knocking your attackers down, but even then my team knew to fall back and wait for me once I was down, so that was good. One of the enemy teammates left about 2 minutes before the match ended and never got replaced, so that had to suck for them.

BgMBpva.png

When we all stuck together we were basically invincible, but I dunno how I feel about a game that's so centered around locking someone down. I much prefer slows/snares, etc to just not being able to play once you're out of stamina and can't get out of stuns anymore. It legit seemed like at least one of the character's basic moveset was activating a knockdown on every hit, but maybe that was a bug or I misread what was happening.

3 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

I did the tutorial and played a match. For some reason it's capped at 60 FPS on PC, which looks surprisingly choppy when you're used to higher, but whatever. Beyond that, while it seemed really interesting initially, a lot of the game seemed to involve people stunlocking each other until they died? Like some dude with a sword could just keep knocking you down over and over, with the evade stuff helping you up what felt like only sometimes, even when you had stamina left? The game is weirdly quiet, with no music and very quiet and sporadic sound effects, character movement feels incredibly slow for the kind of action they're selling, even your mount moves like 50% too slow. I dunno what it is with games like this and having players move like molasses, but Overwatch, as has been used as a comparison here, did not need to artificially slow you down in this way.

In any case, we easily won because the enemy healer was awful, and I took the brunt of our deaths as our healer because as I said, seems pretty easy to lock someone down unless you get a conga line of other people knocking your attackers down, but even then my team knew to fall back and wait for me once I was down, so that was good. One of the enemy teammates left about 2 minutes before the match ended and never got replaced, so that had to suck for them.

BgMBpva.png

When we all stuck together we were basically invincible, but I dunno how I feel about a game that's so centered around locking someone down. I much prefer slows/snares, etc to just not being able to play once you're out of stamina and can't get out of stuns anymore. It legit seemed like at least one of the character's basic moveset was activating a knockdown on every hit, but maybe that was a bug or I misread what was happening.

If its crossplay thats probably why its capped at 60.

Hopefully this beta will show how the combat system can be exploited and can be fixed.

2 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

If its crossplay thats probably why its capped at 60.

Hopefully this beta will show how the combat system can be exploited and can be fixed.

Crossplay would have zero impact on whether or not to cap something. Call of Duty is all crossplay, and is not capped. Fortnite as well, along with just about any crossplay game.