Anyone gaming on a samsung q70?

HardAct

Just wondered if anyone here uses a Q70 Qled from Samsung to game on and even as a PC monitor?

I'm using a q8fn 65 inch but want to buy a bigger one for my livingroom theater system. Was looking at the q70 85inch oled because it's just 2500.00 and that thing at least at the store is a people stopper.

Thoughts?

8 hours ago, atom631 said:

Rtings give it a really good score for gaming.  It has low input lag, which is obv most important thing. 

the only drawback I see is that it’s not Dolby vision. But if you’re using it mostly for gaming that’s probably not a big deal. 

You’re best off asking on r/HomeTheater or AVSForums. The amount of members here is limited and it doesn’t look like anyone has this particular model. Personally, I think you’d be better off with Vizio’s QLED which has full HDMI 2.1 and not a “kind of” like the Q70 (to my knowledge) and supports both Dolby Vision and HDR10. Right now, I’m not aware of any games that support Dolby Vision, however, this is probably going to change in the next 12 months with the new consoles on the horizon.

5 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

You’re best off asking on r/HomeTheater or AVSForums. The amount of members here is limited and it doesn’t look like anyone has this particular model. Personally, I think you’d be better off with Vizio’s QLED which has full HDMI 2.1 and not a “kind of” like the Q70 (to my knowledge) and supports both Dolby Vision and HDR10. Right now, I’m not aware of any games that support Dolby Vision, however, this is probably going to change in the next 12 months with the new consoles on the horizon.

Wait, Vizio doesn’t have 2.1 :|

But, the Sony X950g does, but you’d need to go with a 75” to be under $2500. However, the x950g competes with the Q80 and Q90 (it’s more-or-less between the two)

9 hours ago, HardAct said:

Its 82/85" this time or nothing! I'm swimming in 65 inch 4ks tv now. I want an lg oled but they just cost to much. I could wait another y months and buy one but I want a show stopper big boy this time 

I think you may be better off waiting those couple of months. At the least, the new TVs from manufacturers typically drop in the spring so outgoing models are usually at their cheapest. BTW, the largest OLED is only 77”.

I would definitely head over to reddit on r/HomeTheater and/or AVSForums.com to see what people think about the Q70, though. I know that the Sony X950g has been getting recommended a lot when.

I have the older Sony x950F model in a 55” form. I like the picture and low lag, but I do have issues trying to watch anything streaming in Dolby Vision on my XBox 1X. Don’t know why I have this issue but I don’t know if this issue also exist for others as well. Just putting that out there 

plus I always suggest going a projector instead if you can.  Why settle on 82” when you can go BIGGER and still get a great image. May I suggest looking into the JVC NX5/RS1000 but might be a tad out there expense wise. Love my NX7 and playing in native 4K on. 106” screen (would love to go bigger)

spacer.pngspacer.png

33 minutes ago, silentbob said:

I have the older Sony x950F model in a 55” form. I like the picture and low lag, but I do have issues trying to watch anything streaming in Dolby Vision on my XBox 1X. Don’t know why I have this issue but I don’t know if this issue also exist for others as well. Just putting that out there 

plus I always suggest going a projector instead if you can.  Why settle on 82” when you can go BIGGER and still get a great image. May I suggest looking into the JVC NX5/RS1000 but might be a tad out there expense wise. Love my NX7 and playing in native 4K on. 106” screen (would love to go bigger)

spacer.pngspacer.png

What model year is your X950F? Current models have no issues, but virtually all older TVs, typically 2016-2017 and back, have compatibility issues with DV on newer devices due to not having the internal hardware that meets the requirements to update to the newest/current version of DV. Even the LG OLED 6-series has issues.

I bought it last year on Dec 26th and being the F model series. I think it would be a 2018 build date. I also wonder if the issue could be because of my receiver. I have the Marantz 7010 that wasn’t dolby vision ready until a download patch came out just over a year ago as. So I guess some issues there possibly but I have my Oppo 203 player into my receiver to the tv that has no issues yet in Dolby Vision UHDs

its very confusing 

2 hours ago, silentbob said:

I bought it last year on Dec 26th and being the F model series. I think it would be a 2018 build date. I also wonder if the issue could be because of my receiver. I have the Marantz 7010 that wasn’t dolby vision ready until a download patch came out just over a year ago as. So I guess some issues there possibly but I have my Oppo 203 player into my receiver to the tv that has no issues yet in Dolby Vision UHDs

its very confusing 

It’s likely the receiver. The Oppo player, iirc, uses the older DV firmware as does the receiver. XboneX uses the newest version so the receiver is probably having issues relaying it. Try plugging the XboneX directly into the TV and see if that resolves it. :santasun: