Florida man who shot unarmed black man in parking space dispute sentenced to 20 years

Michael Drejka, who fatally shot Markeis McGlockton, 28, outside a Clearwater convenience store in July 2018, was found guilty of manslaughter in August.

Circuit Judge Joseph Bulone said that the defense showed the jury that Drejka was a "wannabe law enforcement officer" who made a hobby out of monitoring the parking spot at the Clearwater Circle A Food Store.

On Thursday, McGlockton's family addressed Drejka before he was sentenced.

"In the Bible, it says in order to get into heaven, we must forgive those who trespass against us. At this point in my life, I am not there yet. And if it just so happens that the Lord chooses to take me before I come to terms with this, then I will see you in hell where you and I will finish this. Mark my words," his father, Michael McGlockton, told Drejka.

Drejka faced a maximum sentence of 30 years in prison, and will receive credit for about three months already served. He chose not to speak Thursday and showed no emotion when he was sentenced.

McGlockton was unarmed, and video surveillance and autopsy results indicated he was turning away from Drejka when he was shot.