Another Life Netflix original series

19 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

Season 1 was very good and looking forward to season 2!

It was a mixed bag. There were some flat out bad episodes (the pilot and episode 4 come to mind), most of the characters besides Niko and Cass are never fleshed out. Niko's husband wzas ridiculous. It was fun watching Selma Blair ham it up, but damn can you tell her MS is eating away at her fast :( I enjoyed it, but it wasn't amazing. There were some very good episodes though. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2019 at 10:20 AM, TheGreatGamble said:

It was a mixed bag. There were some flat out bad episodes (the pilot and episode 4 come to mind), most of the characters besides Niko and Cass are never fleshed out. Niko's husband wzas ridiculous. It was fun watching Selma Blair ham it up, but damn can you tell her MS is eating away at her fast :( I enjoyed it, but it wasn't amazing. There were some very good episodes though. 

Copying what I said in the recent shows/movies thread:

13 hours ago, Jason said:

Another Life

I honestly don't know how to rate this. It's objectively not a good show, but I enjoyed it and would watch another season, especially since it did start paying off in the last 2-3 episodes. If you can get enjoyment out of a cool setup even if the execution leaves something to be desired, then it's worth a watch. 

I also saw a good comment on reddit that said that people would have reacted to this show a lot better if they'd billed it as young adult sci-fi and not just as sci-fi, since it would have set expectations appropriately. 

• 2 years later...