Anyone played My Time At Portia?

JosephManderley

22 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I think Abby liked it.

Her initial love of this game and reluctance to like Stardew demonstrated what frustrates me at times with Giant bomb’s approach to trying to play every damn game. 

Like she didn’t like the energy / fatigue system, but it seemed like she hadn’t given the game enough time to reveal why that system makes the game better. Then of course it clicked for her and I don’t think she’s mentioned Portia since. 

3 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

Her initial love of this game and reluctance to like Stardew demonstrated what frustrates me at times with Giant bomb’s approach to trying to play every damn game. 

Like she didn’t like the energy / fatigue system, but it seemed like she hadn’t given the game enough time to reveal why that system makes the game better. Then of course it clicked for her and I don’t think she’s mentioned Portia since. 

Yeah.

But OP is doing it backwards. :p

@JosephManderley

May I bring your attention to Atomicrops?

Key Features

• FARM. Grow mutant crops and reap a bountiful harvest to sustain humanity… and make a huge profit.
  • MARRY. Woo and marry a kindred spirit from the local town to fight and farm alongside you.
  • KILL. Fight bizarre post-nuclear pests starving for a piece of your crops at night. Hunt and forage in dangerous surrounding biomes for seeds and loot during the day. Turn your enemies into fertilizer to increase your crops quality.
  • UPGRADE. Explore the far reaches of the biomes to find useful relics of farms long past. Discover rusty farm equipment, antique gardening tools, and tomes of how-to garden guides to increase your farming power. Spend your money in town to upgrade your gun and abilities. Permanently upgrade your farm house for bonuses that persist across playthroughs.
  • BEFRIEND. Recruit an entourage of pig pals, chicken chums and cow colleagues to automate farming tasks. Cultivating atomicrops is a tough job, you'll need all the help you can get.

• Thanks 1

I bought it on Switch as well as a Harvest Moon fan.  So far enjoying it.  

Its feels a little bit like a race against time in some ways with so much to get done and wait times on certain crafting items.

interactions this far with the towns folk are also very basic and limited.  

Looking forward to spending more time with it though.  It actually reminds me a little of Breath of the Wild, with the stamina wheel looking near identical.

5 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

I bought it on Switch as well as a Harvest Moon fan.  So far enjoying it.  

Its feels a little bit like a race against time in some ways with so much to get done and wait times on certain crafting items.

interactions this far with the towns folk are also very basic and limited.  

Looking forward to spending more time with it though.  It actually reminds me a little of Breath of the Wild, with the stamina wheel looking near identical.

I thought that about the Zelda-style stamina wheel as well!

I am not even worrying about trying to get stuff done fast.  Unless a mission has a time limit, I do it when I can.

I hope the interactions get more interesting as you get to know the NPCs better, like in Stardew for example.

The cat seems to hate me.

If I had to choose one today, Stardew.  Mostly because it has had a few patches and updates and it is quite well polished at this point.  As much as I am enjoying Portia, it is definately rough around the edges.  I have read there is quite a big patch coming in a few weeks,  this should make a difference.

Even with it’s imperfections, I am about 10-15 hours into Portia now, and it is alot of fun once you get into it and things begin to click.

Starting to find a few bugs now, hoping the patch comes sooner rather than later.

For example, you can kick trees to get loot from them.  Even after I cut down a tree, days later,  I still get the prompt to kick a tree that no longer exists...  Also, I have started getting coins randomly from things like breaking rocks.  I checked a few fan pages and this is a common bug.  A trip to the ruins got me a couple of hundred Gol, on top of the normal loot.

Nothing game breaking so far, but signs this wasn't tested as well as it should have been.  I think they rushed to get the Switch version out alongside the other console versions, and it probably needed a bit more work.

I still like it though.

Not gonna lie I’ve been hooked to this game.  Just such a nice chill game to play by myself.  It’s got a little bit of everything.  

I played a lot of Stardew Valley and actually think I prefer this over it.  I haven’t played Stardew in 2 or so years though.  

It’s performance isn’t great on the Switch, but regardless it’s really scratched the itch for this style game.

On 4/30/2019 at 8:51 AM, JPDunks4 said:

Not gonna lie I’ve been hooked to this game.  Just such a nice chill game to play by myself.  It’s got a little bit of everything.  

I played a lot of Stardew Valley and actually think I prefer this over it.  I haven’t played Stardew in 2 or so years though.  

It’s performance isn’t great on the Switch, but regardless it’s really scratched the itch for this style game.

I agree, it is definately a fun game you can sit and lose a couple of hours playing.  I use the workaround to cope with the respawn bug, and apart from that it is fine.   

Once the patch hits, if it fixes the known bugs and adds the ability to slow down the passage of time, making each day a little longer, then I will be delighted.

I am already over 30 hours in, so I feel I have got my money’s worth.

3 minutes ago, JosephManderley said:

I agree, it is definately a fun game you can sit and lose a couple of hours playing.  I use the workaround to cope with the respawn bug, and apart from that it is fine.   

Once the patch hits, if it fixes the known bugs and adds the ability to slow down the passage of time, making each day a little longer, then I will be delighted.

I am already over 30 hours in, so I feel I have got my money’s worth.

Whats the respawn bug?  All in all I can’t say I’ve had many bugs at all with my time.

Did they mention changing the passage of time? 

1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

Whats the respawn bug?  All in all I can’t say I’ve had many bugs at all with my time.

Did they mention changing the passage of time? 

(Switch Version). Trees you chop down, and rocks you break, should eventually respawn, but sometimes don’t.  If you notice this, sleep to save, then close the game completely.  When you restart the game, don’t choose continue, choose load game, and pick the most recent save.  Trees and rocks will be back.

They are going to include a slider to let you select how fast time passes apparently.

https://www.team17.com/my-time-at-portia-update-coming-to-consoles/my-time-at-portia/