McDonalds halts lobbying against increased minimum wages (at local, state, and national levels)

11 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

They have 10 McDonald's in my area. So only 30-40 employees total? I know of at least one of those are located in a convenience store. So that location wouldn't have any of that equipment?

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

This is approaching DVD/demut levels. 

Aproached and passed at lightspeed.

• Thanks 1

Some of the “they can’t automate that” talk reminds me of projectionists 15 years ago saying the same thing about digital projection. Most theater chains now have a remote operations team that loads content, creates playlists, and schedules shows. The projectors handle all functions of the auditorium (even things like turning the HVAC on and off). In some cases they have replaced 1000 people with 10. Complexity just means it will take additional time to develop.

26 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Some of the “they can’t automate that” talk reminds me of projectionists 15 years ago saying the same thing about digital projection. Most theater chains now have a remote operations team that loads content, creates playlists, and schedules shows. The projectors handle all functions of the auditorium (even things like turning the HVAC on and off). In some cases they have replaced 1000 people with 10. Complexity just means it will take additional time to develop.

It’s not that they can’t because it could be done at this moment but it’s simply not economical to.   The complexity of digital projector set up compared  to automating an entire kitchen are similar but not enough for a comparison.

1 hour ago, SimpleG said:

It’s not that they can’t because it could be done at this moment but it’s simply not economical to.   The complexity of digital projector set up compared  to automating an entire kitchen are similar but not enough for a comparison.

I run both (we have a fast food style kitchen at my drive in), so I certainly appreciate the difference. But the difference is what I was addressing in regards to it simply taking longer to achieve.