Atari VCS is a phantom

Rodimus

I hope no one here gave money to this Indiegogo campaign. The Atari VCS is looking like a scam. Maybe more like the Coleco Chameleon. This is all looks no substance. They don't have a working prototype and the hardware has not been nailed down. The video they show of the console are faked and not running on the hardware at all. I get it nice looking hardware but that is all there is today. It is an expensive Uya at best.

u6machgzmqmnum0gcqh9.jpg

• Like 1

I've been warning people since the begining to avoid the VCS at all costs and the way this company has been attacking the press/YouTubers should have been a red flag.  The company already has two products they've never delivered to consumers despite happily taking their money.  The comments on the Indiegogo also disturbed me as it was clear, many of its backers fail to understand who this company is. They all were asking for game releases not knowing this so called Atari company owns very little of the Atari catalogue.  I hope for the backers sake, they do get something, but even if that something comes out, it's dead on arrival.  

• Like 1

When this was announced my wife came to me shortly after seeing it and ask me if I was interested. I kindly looked over everything and my gut reaction was that this was a scam. 

I feel bad for the suckers people that backed this. But all the signs were there from the get go that this wasn't going to be anything more than a pipe dream. 

Also good job with the Phantom reference. :P

Fool me once... I fell for the Ouya, and I even bought into the Steam machine hype and built a SteamOS box.

Neither went ANYWHERE. No more of these dedicated budget gaming systems for me. Just stick with a PC, and for couch gaming, do the mainstream consoles. Everything else just ends up being a huge waste of time and money.

• 1 year later...