AC: Odyssey - My Real Life photos vs in-game photos (Part 1)

Mithan

As some of you know, I go to Greece almost every summer.  Below are some photos I took in 2016 and 2017 from Epidavros.  In ACOdyssey, this is known as the Valley of Dreams area of Argolis Map.  The synch location shows it as Epidauros Sanctuary.  This is where Hippocrates is.  You can find this on Google Maps here.  My home is not too far from here (about 45 minute drive).

They actually did a pretty faithful reconstruction of this area.  

I've travelled most of greece and might post more "real life" vs "in-game" comparisons in the future.  

NjtC7bL.jpg

qha4rIt.png

2vT7qZ6.jpg

vtfBv8E.jpg

xuOeOzg.jpg

Le8UPun.jpg

xtEuyNL.jpg

• Like 1

This actually highlights some of my issues (minor) with the game. Though with you actually having been there I'd love to know your feelings on this. The game makes Greece seem more mountainous than it is... these pictures make it seem more hilly/than mountain.

It's one of those things that drive me a little nuts in open world games (something that Witcher 3 and RDR did really well) and that's not adding unnecessary mountains/climbing. It's almost like silently padding the length of the game forcing you to either ride around/climb over a bunch of stuff.

On 10/19/2018 at 6:47 AM, Dexterryu said:

This actually highlights some of my issues (minor) with the game. Though with you actually having been there I'd love to know your feelings on this. The game makes Greece seem more mountainous than it is... these pictures make it seem more hilly/than mountain.

It's one of those things that drive me a little nuts in open world games (something that Witcher 3 and RDR did really well) and that's not adding unnecessary mountains/climbing. It's almost like silently padding the length of the game forcing you to either ride around/climb over a bunch of stuff.

Greece is actually very mountainous/hilly if you want the truth. You can look at Google satellite view for examples.