Can you just buy the N64 controller for Switch readily now?

I want to sign up for NSO so I can play the N64 games on offer, but ideally I'd want the N64 controller as well.  But it doesn't appear to let you buy it from Nintendo without already being a member of that service.  So I also can't see if it's in stock or not.  Incredibly annoying Nintendo thing to do here.  I recall these being really tough to get, but maybe they've manufactured enough to meet demand at this point?  Does anybody know, or have NSO so that they can take a look?

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

It appears available. But I haven’t actually signed in and added it to my cart. 

https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/products/nintendo-64-controller/

I see that you can sign in and add it to your cart, but I'm wondering if it's gonna be "out of stock" once I sign up for NSO and actually am granted the ability to purchase.  Weird that it won't at least indicate that it's available, subscription or not.

5 minutes ago, ShreddieMercury said:

I see that you can sign in and add it to your cart, but I'm wondering if it's gonna be "out of stock" once I sign up for NSO and actually am granted the ability to purchase.  Weird that it won't at least indicate that it's available, subscription or not.

Ok bro. Gimme a minute and I’ll sign in and see if it lets me actual add it in my cart. 

Man, I still want an N64 controller (old design, modernized design, doesn't matter) that has both the C-buttons and a second stick.

Specifically for Ship of Harikinian, where I can play OoT with full right-stick camera movement, but still want C-buttons for items, and more importantly, ocarina playing. That shit's too ingrained in my brain to relearn on other buttons. Makes me sad.

Hopefully someday, someone makes this extremely niche product for me specifically.

• Hype 1

2 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Man, I still want an N64 controller (old design, modernized design, doesn't matter) that has both the C-buttons and a second stick.

Specifically for Ship of Harikinian, where I can play OoT with full right-stick camera movement, but still want C-buttons for items, and more importantly, ocarina playing. That shit's too ingrained in my brain to relearn on other buttons. Makes me sad.

Hopefully someday, someone makes this extremely niche product for me specifically.

So you want an OG Xbox controller? Not really C buttons, but it's the only dual analog, 6 face button controller I can think of. There's also some dual analog Saturn gamepad by Retrobit there that has been tempting to pick up for emulation.

6 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

So you want an OG Xbox controller? Not really C buttons, but it's the only dual analog, 6 face button controller I can think of. There's also some dual analog Saturn gamepad by Retrobit there that has been tempting to pick up for emulation.

No, not quite. I want proper C-buttons in the correct size and arrangement. A six button controller is superficially similar, but it just feels different.

Also I have that Retro-bit controller and it sucks fucking monkey ass. Holy shit the sticks are terrible.

24 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

No, not quite. I want proper C-buttons in the correct size and arrangement. A six button controller is superficially similar, but it just feels different.

Also I have that Retro-bit controller and it sucks fucking monkey ass. Holy shit the sticks are terrible.

Scratched from the list then. Right now my Lakka desktop has a couple of those 8bitdo NeoGeo CD gamepads, a couple of regular old N64 controllers, and an 8bitdo SN30 Pro. Was hoping to add a nice 6 button controller to the mix, but was being lazy and cheap about pulling the trigger.