Med Spa Mania

18 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Clearly this is the fault of men for pushing unobtainable standards. /s

There are shitloads of these services for men with low self esteem too, just gotta get those T levels up bro.

I feel like this disinformation cat is really out of the bag, real pandora's box deal.  Before the worst shady medical advice that people took in was Dr Oz on Oprah.  Now you get these million views per video health influencers telling you to go get some shots from someone who totally went to the Starbucks near Cedars Sinai every day.

Social media tried to stamp out COVID disinformation, but that was pretty narrow, going after the rest of medical disinformation seems kind of tough.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

There are shitloads of these services for men with low self esteem too, just gotta get those T levels up bro.

I feel like this disinformation cat is really out of the bag, real pandora's box deal.  Before the worst shady medical advice that people took in was Dr Oz on Oprah.  Now you get these million views per video health influencers telling you to go get some shots from someone who totally went to the Starbucks near Cedars Sinai every day.

Social media tried to stamp out COVID disinformation, but that was pretty narrow, going after the rest of medical disinformation seems kind of tough.

Every Karen and Tiffany and Chaz in America would come after you.

3 hours ago, finaljedi said:

That's all my reels / instagram / tiktok is...since tell them how dumb they are. 

Occasionally I watch my local city council's meetings online, which are very often as boring as you'd expect, but I like to try and have some sort of an informed opinion when I have to vote on them every two years. Anyway, there was one meeting recently where there was a zoning thing where one of these med spa places was trying to open up in a downtown building that'd usually only be for retail stuff.

They gave this whole powerpoint presentation where they kept emphasizing the "medical" part of med spa claiming their treatments were basically a panacea for a whole bunch of different conditions. After they were done multiple people on the council made clear that they were absolutely not going to approve anything that would count as a medical building in that location, and so in response they abruptly shifted to, "Oh no, 'medical' is just a name really. We don't do medical procedures, we're just a spa with treatments like any other spa."

Anyway, I'm glad to report that the city council unanimously told them to go eat shit.

• Halal 1