So I Hosted/Cooked/Bought ALL the Food This Year

SoberChef

If you host/cook/pay for all the food - Should company do the dishes?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. If you host/cook/pay for all the food - Should company do the dishes?

• Absolutely yes, it's only right.
    • Hell no, it's your house & you're the host.

On the one hand, yes.

On the other hand, never have I been asked in my entire life to do dishes at a relative's. My Grandmas or Aunts have always done everything. That's how it's been on both sides of my family. The hosts do it all for the most part. If I was hosting I wouldn't ask my family to help either tho.

• True 1

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

On the one hand, yes.

On the other hand, never have I been asked in my entire life to do dishes at a relative's. My Grandmas or Aunts have always done everything. That's how it's been on both sides of my family. The hosts do it all for the most part. If I was hosting I wouldn't ask my family to help either tho.

Actually this is also true 

I come from the mindset of it being the right thing. Just how I was raised you know? Even when I was a kid going to relatives for holidays, I'd not only help in the kitchen when & where I could, but also help out with cleaning up if need be. Comes off as common sense in my book, then again though, perhaps it really is about how you're raised or whatever. That being said, not like my in-laws haven't helped clean in the past, so this year with the Mrs. still so sick & suffering, you'd think at the very least?

• True 1

Just now, SoberChef said:

I come from the mindset of it being the right thing. Just how I was raised you know? Even when I was a kid going to relatives for holidays, I'd not only help in the kitchen when & where I could, but also help out with cleaning up if need be. Comes off as common sense in my book, then again though, perhaps it really is about how you're raised or whatever. That being said, not like my in-laws haven't helped clean in the past, so this year with the Mrs. still so sick & suffering, you'd think at the very least?

Sounds like a particular situation where they 100% should have helped.