Marvel’s Echo trailer (January 9th 2024)

Spork3245

Finally finished this. It holds the ranking I gave it on the other page. Way better than expected, but the expectation was for it to be barely watchable so it’s an incredibly low bar to beat. :p 

I know Echo’s powers in the comics were basically “mimicry” where she just needed to see something once to be able to do it and could instantaneously copy someone else’s fighting style, but wtf were her powers in this? Recall the memories and physical abilities/training of ancestors + go into peoples minds to F with their emotions?

EDIT: Also, the 5th (and final) episode was downright boring and easily the weakest one.

Finale:

Echo goes into Kingpin’s mind and goes to the emotional space of when he killed his abusive father

Echo: Give me the hammer, uncle

Kingpin: No

Echo: Please

Kingpin: NO

Kingpin: NO!

Kingpin: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Kingpin: *gives Echo the hammer* I am now defeated and must return to NYC!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Finally finished this. It holds the ranking I gave it on the other page. Way better than expected, but the expectation was for it to be barely watchable so it’s an incredibly low bar to beat. :p 

I know Echo’s powers in the comics were basically “mimicry” where she just needed to see something once to be able to do it and could instantaneously copy someone else’s fighting style, but wtf were her powers in this? Recall the memories and physical abilities/training of ancestors + go into peoples minds to F with their emotions?

EDIT: Also, the 5th (and final) episode was downright boring and easily the weakest one.

I did find the first three episodes more compelling than the last two, that's for sure.

5 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Finale:

Echo goes into Kingpin’s mind and goes to the emotional space of when he killed his abusive father

Echo: Give me the hammer, uncle

Kingpin: No

Kingpin: NO

Kingpin: NO!

Kingpin: Star Wars No GIF

Kingpin: *gives Echo the hammer* I am now defeated and must return to NYC!