Lenovo Legion Go handheld PC (aka: time for stepee to upgrade again!)

Spork3245

7 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

The angularity of the design does not visually lend it the notion that its ergonomic, but maybe? 

The controllers/handles (that are detachable like a Switch) are ergonomically grooved so it’s allegedly pretty comfortable to hold (there’s a video showing the design). However, it’s 7oz (!) heavier than the Ally and according to impressions, while you won’t really notice the difference in weight (at first) due to the design of the controllers and the way the weight is balanced, after a long session it does start to feel a bit heavy 

• Halal 1

Yea I’m passing. While the screen is definitely better than Ally, it lacks one important feature for me, VRR.  VRR is a deal breaker for me now after experiencing it on the Ally especially on games that can’t hit a steady framerate which is often the case on handheld.

Besides that, it’s a big boi.  I do travel with the Ally and Switch so size matters to me.  Also the guy says the unit runs hot and is noticeable loud running Rocket League. I have been impressed how quiet and cool the Ally has been with its 2 fan design. 

14 minutes ago, Brian said:

Yea I’m passing. While the screen is definitely better than Ally, it lacks one important feature for me, VRR.  VRR is a deal breaker for me now after experiencing it on the Ally especially on games that can’t hit a steady framerate which is often the case on handheld.

Besides that, it’s a big boi.  I do travel with the Ally and Switch so size matters to me.  Also the guy says the unit runs hot and is noticeable loud running Rocket League. I have been impressed how quiet and cool the Ally has been with its 2 fan design. 

It doesn’t have VRR? Was Lenovo high when specing this out? I didn’t know 144hz mini led screens without VRR existed.

22 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

It doesn’t have VRR? Was Lenovo high when specing this out? I didn’t know 144hz mini led screens without VRR existed.

Lenovo confirmed on its forums that it won’t have it. People say it can't support VRR in landscape mode because it's rotated from portrait

https://gaming.lenovo.com/emea/threads/20796-EXCLUSIVE-Lenovo-Product-Team-AMA-Answering-all-your-burning-questions-about-the-Lenovo-Legion-Go/page4

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Brian said:

Lenovo confirmed on its forums that it won’t have it. People say it can't support VRR in landscape mode because it's rotated from portrait

https://gaming.lenovo.com/emea/threads/20796-EXCLUSIVE-Lenovo-Product-Team-AMA-Answering-all-your-burning-questions-about-the-Lenovo-Legion-Go/page4

#It’sAlreadyDead

9 minutes ago, stepee said:

No vrr on a 144hz display is really silly. I will definitely upgrade for an oled and yeah maybe a 120hz+ mini led with hdr and vrr, but I also hope whatever device that may be is less wonky and bulky than this thing too.

It being over 60hz and not VRR is an insanely stupid decision. :p 

I do like how the controllers come off and are gyroscopic, though - would probably be good for Wii + Switch emu.