Atari 2600+ retro console

Remarkableriots

If you read about Atari issuing a new cartridge of a new Atari 2600 game and your first thought was, "What am I supposed to play this on?" there's an answer for you. Today, the company announced the Atari 2600+, a $130 retro console with a cartridge slot that can accept vintage and modern Atari 2600 and 7800 cartridges, plus a $25 CX40+ joystick and $40 CX30+ paddle controller bundle that appear to more-or-less faithfully re-create the originals.

2600-1.jpg

I never had one, but when I was a kid, my dad's friend had an Atari. I remember playing it when we would hang out at his house.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like a cute idea. I don't expect to get much use out of this, but hopefully it delivers on being a modern HDMI-equipped system that can play original cartridges well.

I'm most interested in seeing how that new CX30 paddle controller turns out 🤔 My remaining 2600 paddle controllers are kinda fucked up and falling apart, lol

• Like 1