Anyone owned / own an eBike?

HardAct

Not sure where to properly post this and I'm sure I'll be shown where but I wanted to ask you guys/gals if you have any experience with eBikes at all. Not sure how or why I got web surfed late at night on the 16th {July} to some ebike forums on Reddit and while spiraling down the eBike rabbit hole accidently bought a Luna Tarlaria Sting R eBike...lol OOOOPS, still haven't brought this up to the wife, not that I'm hiding it at all, just timing doesn't quite feel right Happy I Love You GIF by pikaole Anyway I did just buy here some flowers and some really quite expensive {OVER 2k} Ruby heart shaped earrings {NOT because of the eBike}, and she even asked "WHAT DID YOU DO" :D. Really excited to check this thing out, and also a bit nervous. I stopped riding over 7 years ago. Sold by Harley and both my Dirt bikes because they weren't getting any ride time after I blew my back out. 3 surgeries later I just have not been the same and deal with quite a bit of chronic pain. I saw these though and thought I could get this and putt putt around {PUTT AROUND...lol Yea right These are quick with a 50+ mileage range and top speed of near 50mph} Anyway, looks like it's going to be here by monday, maybe even saturday. Any experience and / or thoughts?

• HardAct changed the title to Anyone owned / own an eBike?

I bought a cheap one earlier this summer (Aventon Pace). I had some bad luck with it arriving damaged, waiting almost three weeks for the replacement part to arrive, then had a hard time getting it to the one bike shop in town that was “authorized” to replace it. But I finally picked it up on Tuesday, and it’s been mildly life changing. I’ve been trying to use my old, failing car as little as possible, and this little bike sure as hell beats riding the bus. I have a little vacation time this weekend, and I’m planning to spend most of it just riding all around town, exploring.

I've got a SWFT Fleet. I really like it. It means I can ride as hard as I like (which is how I like to ride) and if I'm too exhausted to get back home I can rely on the throttle. Really opens up places to explore when I feel like my range is that extended. Also nice when I'm just commuting or something and am doing it less for exercise and more just not wanting to be in a car or bus.

35 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I've got a SWFT Fleet. I really like it. It means I can ride as hard as I like (which is how I like to ride) and if I'm too exhausted to get back home I can rely on the throttle. Really opens up places to explore when I feel like my range is that extended. Also nice when I'm just commuting or something and am doing it less for exercise and more just not wanting to be in a car or bus.

That’s key for me. It’s so nice that I can ride to work in the morning and get there quickly but not drenched in sweat. On the way home, I can get more of workout if I want to blow off some steam. It’s nice to have options. 

• True 1

My bike is scheduled for delivery TODAY by 5pm!! I just realized I don't have a Helmet. I think I might need one with the monster. This isn't my grandkids little scooter this could kill someone. WHAT HAVE I DONE?! I don't want to be killed.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:

This really has been an incredible experience. I have been wanting an electric high performance eBike for about 2 years now. We finally pulled the trigger on this crazy thing and it's really fantastic. I have logged in over 200 miles now enough to do the first maintence procedure of changing out the gear oil @150 miles, Doesn't need it a gain for 650 miles after the first "Break in change"  This thing is crazy fast, 26mph in "Eco mode" & a blistering 48mph in "Sport mode" Power in instantaneous and feels like 65mph. It's got great torche and just is overall extremely fun. Gets crazy looks from passer'byers but it's me doing the passing by! In sport you really need to be ready if you gun it as the wheel will come up even when leaning forward! I have never ridden anything remotely like this. Plan is for this one to me my wifes and I'll be buying a Sur-ron Ultra Bee next after we save up a few more months as we just paid this one off. The Talaria Sting R isn't cheap @$4500 but it delivers in built quality and "That Rush" that a 8000Watt / 60V Motor should provide!!! For reference, Legal eBike laws on the road are 750watt / 20Mph maximum without needing registration, signals, brake lights, etc. This is "Just a bit more than that" LOL

Talaria Sting R link here

• Hype 1