live onboard cruise ship for 3 years for $38,000 per year

Remarkableriots

FORTUNE.COM

Life at Sea cruises get a bigger boat.

GettyImages-200424334-001-e1688051781714

Life at Sea cruises, which announced plans for a three-year world cruise that will cover over 130,000 miles and hit all seven continents and 135 countries in March, says it has acquired a newer, larger vessel to accommodate more than 200 additional passengers.

The way it’s worded as “for three years” makes it sound like you can’t get out if you wanted to and you’re trapped lol

That’s what like 2900 a month rent? That’s not bad if you really like the water or whatever. Idk maybe if you were old and had trouble getting around this would be a way to see sights while not having to move around a lot? idk, I’d have to see the environmental cost savings of having that many people live with each other and not driving vs a huge water city rolling around 

I remember roughly 20+ years ago, job opportunities for living on a vessel for 6-12 months while working in the kitchens, but it was like 80+ hours/week while the pay was equivalent to what they're offering people to pay them to live aboard now ... why do I have this feeling things aren't making any sense anymore?