Looking for a NIB New 3DS XL

DPCyric

13 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

I get my settlement check in the next couple of weeks what ya got and how much are they?

Oh, I'm not selling mine. I purged some older units a couple years ago and I'm keeping what I have left. Stuff like my Zelda, Fire Emblem, Metroid, and SNES units are new and they go for close to $1K each.

• Shocked 1

26 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Oh, I'm not selling mine. I purged some older units a couple years ago and I'm keeping what I have left. Stuff like my Zelda, Fire Emblem, Metroid, and SNES units are new and they go for close to $1K each.

Yeah I sold my Zelda ones a couple years ago sadly before they got that expensive. Seen a few galaxy purple ones for around $900.

13 hours ago, chakoo said:

I’ve got too many but much like cnut said, they’re not cheap.

What design where you hoping to get?

Actually want the Galaxy Purple one... thanks for the info on the Japanese units though I didn't know that will look into it!

5 hours ago, DPCyric said:

Actually want the Galaxy Purple one... thanks for the info on the Japanese units though I didn't know that will look into it!

Galaxy unit looks to be going for $500-$800 new on ebay (seems to go for more when the title list it as brand new). Sadly I don't have that unit. Of the New USA units I only have 1 which is the Hyrule Edition (which go for $1k). The other n3DS XL I have are japanese units (MH4G, Majora because I liked the box more, & Super Famicom). A large part of my collection is mostly in 3DS XL units as that was the period I was most actively collecting. Japanese new XL units look to go for 400-500 new (note japanese units go under LL not XL).

Man going back over my collection in my head my only unit I feel off/odd for owning is a Love Plus Delux because it was so damn cheap at the time and I sadly regret not buying all the new 2ds XL at the end because I'm still in love with their design (I only got the zelda one).

6 hours ago, chakoo said:

Galaxy unit looks to be going for $500-$800 new on ebay (seems to go for more when the title list it as brand new). Sadly I don't have that unit. Of the New USA units I only have 1 which is the Hyrule Edition (which go for $1k). The other n3DS XL I have are japanese units (MH4G, Majora because I liked the box more, & Super Famicom). A large part of my collection is mostly in 3DS XL units as that was the period I was most actively collecting. Japanese new XL units look to go for 400-500 new (note japanese units go under LL not XL).

Man going back over my collection in my head my only unit I feel off/odd for owning is a Love Plus Delux because it was so damn cheap at the time and I sadly regret not buying all the new 2ds XL at the end because I'm still in love with their design (I only got the zelda one).

Which LPD unit? While I would prefer a Galaxy unit the LPD one might tempt me... edit: Is that one a New 3DS XL or is it the old model?

1 hour ago, DPCyric said:

Which LPD unit? While I would prefer a Galaxy unit the LPD one might tempt me...

LPD?

-edit-

Sorry I don't know why this took me so long to realize. Checking my catalog I have the "NINTENDO 3DS LL NEW LOVE PLUS + RINKO DELUXE COMPLETE SET". Note that these aren't New 3DS XL units but the regular 3DS XL units.

spacer.png

(not my photo, just a quick google search).

https://consolevariations.com/variation/console/nintendo-3ds-xl-new-love-plus-rinko-deluxe

1 hour ago, chakoo said:

LPD?

-edit-

Sorry I don't know why this took me so long to realize. Checking my catalog I have the "NINTENDO 3DS LL NEW LOVE PLUS + RINKO DELUXE COMPLETE SET". Note that these aren't New 3DS XL units but the regular 3DS XL units.

spacer.png

(not my photo, just a quick google search).

https://consolevariations.com/variation/console/nintendo-3ds-xl-new-love-plus-rinko-deluxe

Ah damn that's a shame seen a silver and blue one for a good price but I kinda want the New model.

Honestly with the fact you have to remove the back plate to mod the New 3DS XL and the fact the New 2DS XL is half the price new (at least) I might just grab one of those instead.

Edit: Yup going to get the Dragon Quest XI one when I get my check!

17 hours ago, DPCyric said:

Ah damn that's a shame seen a silver and blue one for a good price but I kinda want the New model.

Silver & blue? Are you refering to this unit? If so it's not even an XL, it's the original 3ds unit. There was only 3 kinds of LP units released, DSi, 3DS & 3DS XL. There is nothing wrong with going with an OG 3DS but if you plan to game a lot I would more go with an XL, New 3DS, New 3DS XL or New 2DS XL.

https://consolevariations.com/collectibles/nintendo-3ds-new-love-plus-rinko-deluxe-console

3 hours ago, DPCyric said:

Honestly with the fact you have to remove the back plate to mod the New 3DS XL and the fact the New 2DS XL is half the price new (at least) I might just grab one of those instead.

Edit: Yup going to get the Dragon Quest XI one when I get my check!

Taking off the back plate to access the SD card isn't a big issue. Yet with that said if you're going to go with a New 2DS XL then it's a good choice imo. You'd do it anyways, even if you didn't hack, to upgrade the SD card to a larger size.

10 minutes ago, chakoo said:

Silver & blue? Are you refering to this unit? If so it's not even an XL, it's the original 3ds unit. There was only 3 kinds of LP units released, DSi, 3DS & 3DS XL. There is nothing wrong with going with an OG 3DS but if you plan to game a lot I would more go with an XL, New 3DS, New 3DS XL or New 2DS XL.

https://consolevariations.com/collectibles/nintendo-3ds-new-love-plus-rinko-deluxe-console

Taking off the back plate to access the SD card isn't a big issue. Yet with that said if you're going to go with a New 2DS XL then it's a good choice imo. You'd do it anyways, even if you didn't hack, to upgrade the SD card to a larger size.

Hmm, yes that one but the listings I seen said it was an XL. The old line is out of the question though from what I've read the "New" models are MUCH better for homebrew. I'm also a fan of Dragon Quest and while that isn't the best looking model and I do like 3D it's also $500 cheaper :lol:

36 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

Hmm, yes that one but the listings I seen said it was an XL. The old line is out of the question though from what I've read the "New" models are MUCH better for homebrew. I'm also a fan of Dragon Quest and while that isn't the best looking model and I do like 3D it's also $500 cheaper :lol:

New models (N3DS, N3DS XL, N2DS XL) are better for hacking due to them having a faster processor than the original units. With hacks/homebrew some older games can take advantage of the faster cpu.

15 minutes ago, chakoo said:

New models (N3DS, N3DS XL, N2DS XL) are better for hacking due to them having a faster processor than the original units. With hacks/homebrew some older games can take advantage of the faster cpu.

Aye and I want to do stuff like play some fan translated games (Mother 3 especially).

• 2 weeks later...

So in an interesting turn of events I went down to Indy yesterday to restock my Lush shampoo bars among other things and found a nice tea shop. I bought a lot of samples and told the girl I should get 13 samples since I got 13 games in the Steam sale :lol: She was like "ooh what ones?!?" then we proceeded to talk about games for a while. She used to play League of of Legends but her PC is broke so I told her  that I would give her the leftover parts i had from @Chest_Rockwell gifting me. She mentioned she hasn't found an anime fighting game she likes yet and I suggested the Bleach DS games... she is like "oh I still have my DS!". I mentioned that I'm eyeballing buying the Galaxy Purple N3DS new but it's expensive... just so happens that's the model she had and she is willing to part with it for $200 while it's not new I'm pretty sure I will take her up on the offer :twothumbsup: