Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 2 trailer streaming June 15th

I like what they are doing with the Klingons.

I tried to be open minded about Discovery Klingons because at one time TNG Klingons were the weird new look compared to TOS. But let's be honest, at some point you just have to accept that the canon on this thing is so mixed up that it's time to just go with what looks best.

And I think it's pretty clear that Worf and TNG Klingons just look the best. It's what most people think of when they think of Klingons. Don't exactly see fans lining up to cosplay as TOS or Disco Klingons at cons.

That all said, looks like SNW is doing TNG style Klingons with maybe a bit of a nod to TOS. He has pronounced cranial ridges, but the fine detail looks pretty smooth. Like the TOS movies, but maybe even a bit more on the TNG style of things.

4 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

I like what they are doing with the Klingons.

I tried to be open minded about Discovery Klingons because at one time TNG Klingons were the weird new look compared to TOS. But let's be honest, at some point you just have to accept that the canon on this thing is so mixed up that it's time to just go with what looks best.

And I think it's pretty clear that Worf and TNG Klingons just look the best. It's what most people think of when they think of Klingons. Don't exactly see fans lining up to cosplay as TOS or Disco Klingons at cons.

That all said, looks like SNW is doing TNG style Klingons with maybe a bit of a nod to TOS. He has pronounced cranial ridges, but the fine detail looks pretty smooth. Like the TOS movies, but maybe even a bit more on the TNG style of things.

As soon as I saw Discovery Klingons, I knew it would need to be retconned.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

I'm looking forward to this more than any other Star Trek show. Season 1 was great. 

I am a full season behind on Discovery and I've only seen Picard season 1 so far. 

shame-ring.gif

Stay out of the Picard thread and get caught up. Season 3 is the best Trek in 25 years.

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

I saw someone say Picard season 2 works if you just watch the first two and last two episodes but I'm not sure how much that depends on having already seen the entire season so that you're aware of what happens in the middle. 

Honestly I'd just skip season 2 at this point and go straight to 3 unless you're the diehard completionist type. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I saw someone say Picard season 2 works if you just watch the first two and last two episodes but I'm not sure how much that depends on having already seen the entire season so that you're aware of what happens in the middle. 

Honestly I'd just skip season 2 at this point and go straight to 3 unless you're the diehard completionist type. 

Agreed.