The Wiggle That Killed Tarkov

Bacon

gUmmwz5ghLxpucSHstXY5E-1200-80.png
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Developer Battlestate Games is currently playing Escape from Reddit.

In a post titled "Hackers, cheaters and other related scum of the earth" Buyanov continues on in that vein though, as we'll see, not everyone's impressed. "Every time for a long time, unfortunately, one way or another, a problem with cheaters pops up," writes Buyanov, "And people immediately start blaming us for not caring. They begin to bury the game."

First of all - hello everybody! It's been a long time I was off reddit.

Every time for a long time, unfortunately, one way or another, a problem with cheaters pops up. And people immediately start blaming us for not caring. They begin to bury the game, us and generally say things that are sensitive to us. Therefore, I will not write essays for 1000 words here now, but I will simply say point by point key moments:

1. We have always been concerned about this problem and the work to catch cheaters is always going on. They usually come in waves.
  2. Right now we ban several thousand cheaters a day and usually most of them are blocked after playing a little.
  3. Battleye anti-cheat continues to improve, as well as cheats. It's an eternal race to see who can get past each other's defenses the fastest. In the last week alone, the Battleye has been updated 4 times.
  4. We continue to improve our own additional cheater detection tools. We will have an update soon and start working on a new hacker detection methods to automate it and improve the overall quality and speed of cheater detection and banning.
  5. The reporting system is also being improved by adding a notification if the one you reported has received a ban. Please keep reporting suspicious players!

Your worries and indignations are 100% clear to us. And always have been.

Report all these bastards, we will make the game cleaner together.

Thank you for your attention and have a wonderful day.

"Here's some thoughts from a player who has over 6k hours and 3+ years of time in this game," writesHllHvnd in the most-upvoted and awarded response to Buyanov. "There is a pattern with these kinds of posts."

The player goes on to detail their own experiences with reporting, and cast doubt on the estimate that "several thousand cheaters a day" are being banned. "I see the same players in a lot of my raids," writes HllHvnd,"I see the same cheaters occasionally in raids after days. 30 seconds of research on google can show that cheaters have been cheating undetected for 4-5 wipes, and potentially even longer with private cheats."

The post goes on to detail some of the most-requested security features for Tarkov that Battlestate has yet to implement. Two-factor authentication, a post-raid replay functionality, a manual system for checking potential cheaters' actions. "Actions speak louder than words BSG," ends HllHvnd. "Do your part, the ball is in your court now."