The World's Oldest Known Person Dies at 118

3000.webp
APNEWS.COM

PARIS (AP) — A French nun who was believed to be the world’s oldest person has died a few weeks before her 119th birthday, the spokesperson for her nursing home in southern France said Wednesday. Lucile Randon, known as Sister André, was born in the town of Ales, southern France, on Feb.

The Gerontology Research Group, which validates details of people thought to be 110 or older, listed her as the oldest known person in the world after the death of Japan’s Kane Tanaka, aged 119, last year.

Sister André tested positive for the coronavirus in January 2021, shortly before her 117th birthday, but she had so few symptoms that she didn’t even realize she was infected. Her survival made headlines both in France and beyond.

In April last year, asked about her exceptional longevity through two world wars, she told French media that “working … makes you live. I worked until I was 108.”

She was known to enjoy a daily glass of wine and chocolate.

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I think it's a bit more well known than your giving it credit for. Especially with who it was directed by. :p

Eh, I don't think so honestly. It doesn't even have an HD release of any kind yet and I never hear it come up in Horror nerd discussions which is kind of crazy. I think it SHOULD come up way more. It's like Hyper Evil Dead 2 and one of those "okay, finally enough gore for me" movies...which is alarming lol.