My little terrier decided to eat a lot of dark chocolate.

gamer.tv

My wife called to say she managed to get into a bag which my mother-in-law had left some in (a gift). 

She’s been to the vets and had her stomach pumped but very shaky and being kept in overnight.

She’s 12 and a half an an exceptionally great dog so I really hope this isn’t how she sees out her life, I don’t think I’m quite ready for that particular goodbye. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 4

Wishing you the best for sure.  I've heard plenty of stories where a dog eats chocolate and it barely does anything to them. A friend of mine once had custom decorated M&M's for a work party and the dog tore into 3 bags and ate most of them.  Threw up a good bit of it with red dye everywhere. Stained the carpets and sofa but the dog was fine.

Oh shit, I hope the pup is okay.

Our older beagle got into some dark chocolate years ago, a couple bars we had tucked away for baking. We had to make her puke it up after talking to animal poison control; smeared some peanut butter in her bowl and topped it with hydrogen peroxide. She drank that to get to the peanut butter and a few minutes later it was like that scene from the exorcist, but she ended up being okay.

Our dog is home and seemingly well (just a big, pink bandage on her leg from her drip). It was reassuring when I called the vets this morning and she said ‘there isn’t anyone to ask but, wait a moment…I’ve just walked over and she was wagging her tail and looking very happy.’ - which was nice to hear. 

• Like 1
  • Halal 2
  • Hugs 5