New year, let's watch some new anime...

There was a TON of great anime last season. A little something for everyone from Gundam to Bleach to Bocchi the Rock to Chainsaw Man to Do it Yourself. There looks to be some great anime starting this month...no, starting today with...

...Way of the House Husband season 2 on Netflix...

Speaking of season twos, there's Vinland Saga season 2...

I still love the series, but the violence and action of season 1 does take a back seat here as Thorfinn begins to despise the violence of his younger years.

Season twos, there's also Don't Tease Me, Miss Nagotoro...

Who would have thought a femdom fetish series would become such a legitimately...wholesome teen romcom?

Let's move on. How about a little action? Everyone has to be watching Trigun The Stampede, expecting it to fail. I think it looks pretty good, but we'll see...

Speaking of action, there's also NieR: Automata...

A-1 Pictures is handling this series. They aren't exactly known for big scifi action series, but they've got it in them. I'm guessing Crunchyroll is expecting big things from this series because they've been releasing a bunch of these little character promos rather than a big trailer for the series.

How about a concept straight out of the 80s?

How about some anime that makes us questions whether or not it was OK to let Japan home all these talented animators and artists?

How about we cleanse our souls with some Junji Itou?

As far as I'm aware, these are all some of his short stories that have never been put to film. This should be high on any horror fan's list.

I should also mention Pokemon Ultimate Journeys final episodes begin airing later this month. The big deal there is that this will reportedly Ash and Pikachu's final season of the anime. After these final episodes, the next Pokemon series will feature new protagonists to go along with whatever anime Scarlet and Violet give us.

There's a shit ton of anime I've skipped, but I'll share any real standout series as they come up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Brian said:

I watched Bleach. It moved at a pretty fast pace where big moments didn’t get enough time to breathe. Overall enjoyed it more than I thought. 

Haven’t watched Chainsaw Man and Mob Psycho 100 yet. Hope to do that soon

The pacing of this arc in the manga was all over the place as well. It always felt like Kubo had these wild ideas and just threw shit around in every which direction. It was all bullshit, but pretty bullshit. I only watched a few episodes of Bleach, but it certainly is pretty and a lot more fun to watch the action in motion over pages.

Bleach does continue into the winter season. If this season does well, I wonder if that means we get a full Hell Arc as an anime or if the manga continues from the cliff hanger it left off on.

• True 1

28 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

The pacing of this arc in the manga was all over the place as well. It always felt like Kubo had these wild ideas and just threw shit around in every which direction. It was all bullshit, but pretty bullshit. I only watched a few episodes of Bleach, but it certainly is pretty and a lot more fun to watch the action in motion over pages.

Bleach does continue into the winter season. If this season does well, I wonder if that means we get a full Hell Arc as an anime or if the manga continues from the cliff hanger it left off on.

I stopped reading manga sometime before this arc started so this all new to me. 

I also watched some Blue Lock. I am a sucker for sports anime especially football related ones. It’s decent. Not sure I am in love with the last man standing concept in sports anime. 

I’m excited for Vinland and Trigun. I’ll wait until most of the season is out before starting. 

• Like 1

I've now been catching up and watching the current seasons of Bleach and My Hero Academia (the dubs) as they air. Both seasons have been great so far. I just watched the Bleach anime in full (skipping the filler arcs) for the first time ever just a year or so ago (something I've always been meaning to do) and then they announce they're finishing the anime by finishing the final manga arc and I'm like no recaps for me - what timing. Anyways, Bleach has been really well made, love to see it back, and Academia is probably going through its best arc yet.

I also did watch Shenmue the Animation as a big Shenmue fan (even played and beat Shenmue III) and the anime was really good! I saw it dubbed. The direction, everything is exactly how the anime of this game series should be, with all the slice of life and monotonous parts put in, but in the correct amount and way. The first season covered the first two games, it was really disappointing to hear they were prepping for a season 2 but because of the WB-Discovery merger, season 2 was cancelled.

I also caught up on the UC Gundam I'd been behind on from the last few years, which included finally watching The Origin (6 episode OVA), Thunderbolt (two films) and Narrative (sequel film to Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn). As a big fan of Gundam, particularly Universal Century Gundam, all three of these were great, with Narrative being the weakest but still fun to watch. The animation in each are very different from one another but all three were lovingly animated. I'll be watching the new Alternate Century Gundam show that just dropped, Witch from Mercury, once the dub of the season is out in full, but been hearing great things. 

Finally I restarted Psycho-Pass since I never watched past the first season. I rewatched season 1 (still great) and saw season 2 (not as good but not horrible like people said, still solid) and now I'm on to Psycho-Pass: The Movie (and then I'll move on to the rest). I've been watching it dubbed - was sad to see that with Sinners of the System film trilogy and forward Amazon got the license and they don't dub anything. Been watching the dub so far so switching to a sub for this will be lame but I'll do it.

For upcoming stuff I'm excited for, definitely looking forward to Attack on Titan's final cour, more Academia and Bleach, and I really should finally watch Chainsaw Man, Vinland Saga, Golden Kamuy, and Mob Psycho 100. Definitely excited for MAPPA doing the new upcoming season of One Punch Man as well. And, of course, will be watching Trigun Stampede to see how that turns out. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Do it. Mob Psycho 100 has a great dub. Speaking of great anime with great dubs, there's also Ranking of Kings.

I definitely got to - it's near the top of the list so it should be soon, but since Psycho-Pass is a show I'd started long ago and meant to catch up on, it had to come first. But I have few shows left like that now so Mob Psycho may be next - it looks really good. 

Also I just looked up Ranking of Kings and I can see it's super highly rated when it looks like a children's show? Descriptions didn't really help. :p What's that about? Also which anime are you watching recently?

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

I definitely got to - it's near the top of the list so it should be soon, but since Psycho-Pass is a show I'd started long ago and meant to catch up on, it had to come first. But I have few shows left like that now so Mob Psycho may be next - it looks really good. 

Also I just looked up Ranking of Kings and I can see it's super highly rated when it looks like a children's show? Descriptions didn't really help. :p What's that about? Also which anime are you watching recently?

Ranking of Kings is definitely not a children's show even though it looks like an old 70s fairy tale. Series is about a fight for the throne between two brothers. The oldest would normally becomes king but he was cursed to be weak, deaf, and mute. He's been made fun of his entire life and kings in this world are usually chosen by their strength. The dub has this great Disney-esque 70s feel to it that matches the visuals. It was a surprise favorite of mine this year.

Right now I'm in the middle of MS Gundam: The Witch from Mercury. That series has been fantastic. I just finished up Bocchi the Rock that was SO much better than it had any right to be. It really felt like a labor of love for CloverWorks. I still have one episode left for Mob Psycho 100 III. It'll be the last episode of the series, so I've been waiting to make some time to sit and fully enjoy it. Almost done with Chainsaw Man as well. Been a bit tricky to watch that one since I really don't want to watch it with the kids, so time has been limited. I also just started the new season of Way of the House Husband. It's absolutely ridiculous and I love it.

As far as new anime goes. There's a ton on my radar, but we'll see how many I actually stick with. I've got my eyes on Trigun Stampede, Lookism, Junji Itou's series, Kubo Won't Let Me Be Invisible, Tomo-chan is a Girl, NieR, and maybe Buddy Daddies'. I'll definitely watch Don't Tease Me Nagatoro and Vinland Saga.

Eh, I know how this usually goes for me. I have a list of stuff to watch, I only watch a few series depending on how many of them I can watch them with the kids, and then like three weeks into the season I hear about some hyped up show that I've now got to watch. Last year those out of nowhere shows for me wound up being Kotarou Lives Alone, Aharen-san is Indecipherable, Ya Boy Kongming, Lycoris Recoil, and Bocchi the Rock. 2022 was a good year for anime.

• Like 1

To be clear, I wasn't underestimating Ranking of Kings, but when trying to learn of even the premise without spoiling myself, it just sounded and looked like a children's show. I assumed it was probably for tonal reasons, but everything just said "sad older son can't be king" and the images didn't show much. Definitely on my radar now!

6 hours ago, Chadatog said:

Do not underestimate Ranking of kings.  It deals with very adult themes, the characters have many motivations, and there is quite a bit of graphic violence.  I think there is even attempted genocide.

I don't know how but...

Spoiler

...this series managed to make the genocide of the Shadow Clan, formless blob people, seem brutal and horrific. It's wild and seeing them hung by hooks was certainly something.

First episode of Trigun Stampede is out on Crunchyroll and Hulu. The first episode was really good, if maybe a bit packed. It really felt like they were trying to cram a little of everything into the first episode to assuage anyone's fears. I still think young Vash and Knives look off, but I can't complain about the CG. Orange did a great job with the animation in Beastars, but humans are always trickier than animals. My biggest concern was going to be how well the characters emote and they really nailed it here. Meryl is quite emotive in the first episode and all of her faces are great.

Yeah, I think I'll stick around for the rest of the season.

• Halal 1

NieR: Automata is also up on Crunchyroll and I'm not really impressed. It's been a while, but it seems it's a pretty close adaptation of the game, just with animation that might be a step down from the game cutscenes and, obviously, none of the fun gameplay. This anime should have gone full CG. Instead we get the awkward mix of hand drawn characters walking around CG backdrops, sitting in CG gunships, fighting CG enemies.

I don't think I'll stick around for this one. I think I'd rather just replay the game.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

First episode of Trigun Stampede is out on Crunchyroll and Hulu. The first episode was really good, if maybe a bit packed. It really felt like they were trying to cram a little of everything into the first episode to assuage anyone's fears. I still think young Vash and Knives look off, but I can't complain about the CG. Orange did a great job with the animation in Beastars, but humans are always trickier than animals. My biggest concern was going to be how well the characters emote and they really nailed it here. Meryl is quite emotive in the first episode and all of her faces are great.

Yeah, I think I'll stick around for the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

NieR: Automata is also up on Crunchyroll and I'm not really impressed. It's been a while, but it seems it's a pretty close adaptation of the game, just with animation that might be a step down from the game cutscenes and, obviously, none of the fun gameplay. This anime should have gone full CG. Instead we get the awkward mix of hand drawn characters walking around CG backdrops, sitting in CG gunships, fighting CG enemies.

I don't think I'll stick around for this one. I think I'd rather just replay the game.

I'll come back with impressions of Trigun Stampede once I watch it, but as a huge fan of both Nier games I can't not check out the anime adaptation - I'll wait until it's all out and see.

On 1/5/2023 at 5:18 PM, Greatoneshere said:

Witch from Mercury, once the dub of the season is out in full, but been hearing great things.

Well, the first season is fully out subtitled and dammit, it's good. We'll have to wait for April for the rest of the series, but Witch from Mercury is easily on its way to becoming a Gundam classic. I don't recall an English dub as even being announced yet, so no idea when it's coming. No talk of a cast either, not even a single actor.

• Halal 1

27 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Well, the first season is fully out subtitled and dammit, it's good. We'll have to wait for April for the rest of the series, but Witch from Mercury is easily on its way to becoming a Gundam classic. I don't recall an English dub as even being announced yet, so no idea when it's coming. No talk of a cast either, not even a single actor.

I'm a dub fan, and I don't mind waiting, but it does suck to wait. Given its Gundam, I'm assuming it will be dubbed at some point, will definitely watch it once it is. Weird nothing announced yet though.

@Greatoneshere Here's some news for you...

TRIGUN_STAMPEDE_Teaser_Trailer_Still_5__
WWW.POLYGON.COM

The actor last appeared in the role in 2010’s Trigun Badlands Rumble

The English dubbed version of Trigun Stampede will debut on Crunchyroll on Saturday, Jan. 21, following the Japanese language simulcast, and Crunchyroll will air new episodes every Saturday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

@Greatoneshere Here's some news for you...

TRIGUN_STAMPEDE_Teaser_Trailer_Still_5__
WWW.POLYGON.COM

The actor last appeared in the role in 2010’s Trigun Badlands Rumble

This is absolutely phenomenal news. You sort of expect it with such a popular dub voice for a legacy character coming back but they didn't do it for the newest Berserk so you never know. Wondering if they will bring back the original dub voice actors for the other roles that are coming back for this show (Wolfwood, Meryl, and Millie at least) from the 1998 TV anime series or go with the more recent 2010 Badlands Rumble movie dub cast for those characters? I know the original Wolfwood, Meryl, and Millie from 1998 don't really voice act anymore and they live in Texas I think and most dubs are west coast mostly now? But with Covid I think this must have been resolved, anyone can voice act from anywhere? Still would be cool to get either cast so I don't have to get used to a third cast now. :p 

This is also one of the few anime I will watch week to week (dubbed) rather than wait for the whole season/cour to come out first so I can binge it even though I hate waiting week to week.

6 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

This is absolutely phenomenal news. You sort of expect it with such a popular dub voice for a legacy character coming back but they didn't do it for the newest Berserk so you never know. Wondering if they will bring back the original dub voice actors for the other roles that are coming back for this show (Wolfwood, Meryl, and Millie at least) from the 1998 TV anime series or go with the more recent 2010 Badlands Rumble movie dub cast for those characters? I know the original Wolfwood, Meryl, and Millie from 1998 don't really voice act anymore and they live in Texas I think and most dubs are west coast mostly now? But with Covid I think this must have been resolved, anyone can voice act from anywhere? Still would be cool to get either cast so I don't have to get used to a third cast now. :p 

This is also one of the few anime I will watch week to week (dubbed) rather than wait for the whole season/cour to come out first so I can binge it even though I hate waiting week to week.

Crunchyroll has been in a bit of a flux. Recordings were done remotely and from voice actors across the globe and, I firmly believe, this lead to much better anime dubs over the last couple of years. After the merge with Funimation, though, they've been looking to bring voice actors back into Funimation's old studios.

They might bring back other voice actors, but I should note the new series does not have Millie. There's a ton of manga to pick stories from given there's like a decade+ of manga that was written after the 98 series, so they could be saving her for a future season. However, as far as I'm aware, she won't be appearing this season. One inconsequential change they made is that Meryl is no longer an insurance adjuster, now she's a reporter.

From interviews with the director, they're aren't looking for a recreation of the manga or 98 anime, but instead looking to pick stories across the different manga series and anthology.

• Halal 1

39 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Crunchyroll has been in a bit of a flux. Recordings were done remotely and from voice actors across the globe and, I firmly believe, this lead to much better anime dubs over the last couple of years. After the merge with Funimation, though, they've been looking to bring voice actors back into Funimation's old studios.

They might bring back other voice actors, but I should note the new series does not have Millie. There's a ton of manga to pick stories from given there's like a decade+ of manga that was written after the 98 series, so they could be saving her for a future season. However, as far as I'm aware, she won't be appearing this season. One inconsequential change they made is that Meryl is no longer an insurance adjuster, now she's a reporter.

From interviews with the director, they're aren't looking for a recreation of the manga or 98 anime, but instead looking to pick stories across the different manga series and anthology.

Ah okay, this helps considerably in terms of explaining things. They need to get over making everyone get in a studio - just use the talent. They said the show was doing it's own thing (disappointing) when a straight adaptation of the manga is right there since the original Trigun show only adapted like 5 volumes of it. Given how the manga's story unfolds and proceeds, I'm not sure how you can cherry pick anything after the episodic stories end in the first third of the manga's story but I guess we'll have to see. So long as it looks and feels like Trigun, that'll help, but the original story is hard to match. How's the music btw? Without Tsuneo Imahori I just don't know how it will compete.

3 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Ah okay, this helps considerably. They said the show was doing it's own thing (disappointing) when a straight adaptation of the manga is right there since the original Trigun show only adapted like 5 volumes of it. Given how the manga's story unfolds and proceeds, I'm not sure how you can cherry pick anything after the episodic stories end in the first third of the manga's story but I guess we'll have to see. So long as it looks and feels like Trigun, that'll help, but the original story is hard to match. How's the music btw? Without Tsuneo Imahori I just don't know how it will compete.

The music is by Tatsuya Kato. He did the music for Dr Stone and Food Wars, so Orange nabbed a very competent composer here. There a really great song that plays toward the end of the first episode. I don't recall the OP being there for the first episode, but here it is...

Completely different vibe, but I really like it.

We'll see how the story plays out, but it seems to me rather than getting stuck being compared to the 98 anime that never really was that big of a hit in Japan, just go in a completely different direction. I do appreciate that. the 98 anime isn't going anywhere and it would be weird to continue a series decades later. Trigun can lend itself well to that sort of story telling. Not every reboot needs to be Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. I say that, but I'm also pretty hyped for the reboot of Rurouni Kenshin that IS a Brotherhood-style remake.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

We'll see how the story plays out, but it seems to me rather than getting stuck being compared to the 98 anime that never really was that big of a hit in Japan, just go in a completely different direction. I do appreciate that. the 98 anime isn't going anywhere and it would be weird to continue a series decades later. Trigun can lend itself well to that sort of story telling. Not every reboot needs to be Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. I say that, but I'm also pretty hyped for the reboot of Rurouni Kenshin that IS a Brotherhood-style remake.

I was about to say . . . who doesn't want a Brotherhood-style fuill manga adaptation and was about to mention Kenshin, given they'll redo the whole thing so they can do the final Revenge arc (Reflection OVA was well directed but poorly adapted). I don't want a repeat of the 98 anime (as you said, not popular in Japan, and probably untouchable in the minds of fans today) but an adaptation of the manga I'd have appreciated. Given I'm getting neither, I guess "good Trigun" is what I'm hoping for, in spirit.

Hearing they got a solid composer is promising, because Imahori is pretty irreplaceable. I remember when the Hellsing OVA didn't get him for his acid jazz and no matter what Hellsing TV >>> Hellsing OVA when it comes to music (otherwise, OVA >>>> TV easily, again, like Brotherhood the OVA adapted the manga).

OK, three episodes in and I've got a maybe early pick for surprise hit of the season...

The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady...

OK, hear me out. Normally I straight ignore any anime with a title so long it was clearly grabbed from a light novel that was desperately trying to explain as much of the plot as possible on the book cover, alone. Also, it's an isekai, and those are so ridiculously common these days they all sort of blur together. Seriously, this season we have Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for My Retirement, Campfire Cooking In Another World With My Absurd Skill, The Reincarnation of the Strongest Exorcist in Another World, Farming Life In Another World, Handyman Saitou in Another World, and all the other sequels I didn't bother naming. This series is on Crunchyroll and Crunchyroll didn't even bother to include it in their Winter 2023 trailer lineup. We are three weeks into this series and they didn't even acknowledge its existence on their YouTube channel until six days ago. I literally only watched the first episode out of spite because I saw it was getting a lot of hate from toxic chuds online. Turns out, it's pretty damn great. It's been a while since I've seen a not slice of life series be content to include some quiet world and character building. Follow, then, gets that up with by blasting through a window comedy and legitimate wholesome emotion. This one managed to find some crazy balance that works. So, why was it getting Internet chuds so unhappy? The lead is gay. That's it. It's a yuri series. I didn't realize it until the lead made a very amusing and wholly over-confident attempt at flirting that fell completely flat.

I'm liking it.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Do you guys read manga too or just watch anime? I always like to go back and read the manga of some of the series that I really like to pick up on the differences. Thinking about getting the Vinland Saga set. Really digging that series.

I do read manga, used to read a lot more, it's usually older stuff of anime I've watched and liked and always meant to go back and read the manga, but I definitely do it from time to time. Berserk, Alita, Gantz (finished), Trigun (finished), Hunter Hunter, etc.

• Halal 1

5 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Do you guys read manga too or just watch anime? I always like to go back and read the manga of some of the series that I really like to pick up on the differences. Thinking about getting the Vinland Saga set. Really digging that series.

I read WAY more manga, Korean manwha, and Chinese manhua than I do watch anime. Really easy to read some manga while the kids are watching their TV on the weekends than it is to actually watch my own stuff.

The Vinland Saga manga is phenomenal. I've really loved Yukimura Makoto's art and style since his Planetes days. It's still pretty wild that he's been so successful with two manga in a row and with shockingly different settings.

9 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I do read manga if the anime is unlikely to get a second season or I am too impatient to wait. I think One Piece is the only series where I read the manga and not watch the Anime due to filler. 

• Halal 1

12 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I read WAY more manga, Korean manwha, and Chinese manhua than I do watch anime. Really easy to read some manga while the kids are watching their TV on the weekends than it is to actually watch my own stuff.

The Vinland Saga manga is phenomenal. I've really loved Yukimura Makoto's art and style since his Planetes days. It's still pretty wild that he's been so successful with two manga in a row and with shockingly different settings.

What Chinese Manhua do you read? I was a big fan of Jademan Comics back in the day, Oriental Heroes, The Blood Sword, Drunken Fist, Iron Marshal and The Force of Buddha's Palm. I also have some Chinese graphic novels like Storm Riders and Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre. There were graphic adaptations of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and the movie Hero as well that I collect. I'm a HUGE fan of Chinese martial arts comics and I'm always looking for new stuff to read. On the Japanese side, I'm currently reading Kengan Omega and just discovered Tokyo Guardians yesterday. Always looking for recommendations.

6 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

What Chinese Manhua do you read? I was a big fan of Jademan Comics back in the day, Oriental Heroes, The Blood Sword, Drunken Fist, Iron Marshal and The Force of Buddha's Palm. I also have some Chinese graphic novels like Storm Riders and Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre. There were graphic adaptations of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and the movie Hero as well that I collect. I'm a HUGE fan of Chinese martial arts comics and I'm always looking for new stuff to read. On the Japanese side, I'm currently reading Kengan Omega and just discovered Tokyo Guardians yesterday. Always looking for recommendations.

Not really reading any real Chinese martial arts series. I am going through Journey to the West drawn by Tang Chi Fai. I'm a wildly huge fan of his artwork. He also drew Feng Shi Ji. Both of them are fantasy action and they're both gorgeous.

Now, if you're looking for great martial arts, there are a few amazing Korean series I love. Right now, Legend of the Northern Blade has me fully enraptured. The artwork is amazing and the flow of action is top notch. It's all really easy to follow and never boring. Seriously, a weekly series should be like this.

150x150_498390de-9bd9-4361-ad50-fefc966a
WWW.TAPPYTOON.COM

Read the official series by HAE MIN, Woogack. For decades, the brave warriors of the Northern Heavenly Sect fought to keep the world safe from the evil Silent Night. But when the fourth generation...

There's also Father, Unrivaled. I like the mix of politics and martial arts here.

2b0206ab-9f3a-40d9-8af0-e493f6e33f1c.jpg
M.TAPAS.IO

Read Father, Unrivaled and more premium Action Comics now on Tapas!

Also, The Breaker is back after being on hiatus for like a decade. It's good to jump back into this world after so many years. The swap to Webtoon took some getting used to, but it's still as good as ever.

9TheBreakerEF_landingpage_mobile.jpg?typ
WWW.WEBTOONS.COM

Haje Kang can’t take it anymore. Pushed to the breaking point by relentless bullying, Haje stands at the edge of the school roof, ready to end it all. But just as he’s about to jump, he’s given a push -- literally -- by a...

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I tried getting into The Breaker awhile back but couldn't get into it. Will check the others out. You ever read The Boss? It's a Korean High School Martial arts series that had a few issues come out in the states but they never finished it. I always wanted to continue it.

You know, I did find The Breaker a bit difficult to start way back in 2007. It picked up a good amount of steam as time went by and got a lot better in the second season, New Wave. Eternal Force was a bit rough at first, too. It certainly felt like it took the duo a month or two to get back into the universe and it's been smooth sailing since then.

I have not read The Boss, but I likely won't start it if it was dropped and not even picked up by fan translators.

That said, if you're up for some high school martial arts there's the entire YLAB Blue String universe.

YLABCOMICS.COM

웹툰제작사 와이랩, 콘텐츠 전문제작, 원작 IP 2차 사업, 슈퍼스트링 유니버스

I follow Get Schooled, How Not to Die, Study Group, and Young FC PVP from this universe.

• Thanks 1

Just an anime viewing update: I finished off the rest of the Psycho-Pass series, watching The Movie (sequel to season 2), then the Sinners of the System film trilogy, then season 3 (8 episodes) and then Psycho-Pass 3: First Inspector (movie). Man, the jump in animation from 2015's The Movie to 2019's Sinner of the System trilogy is huge. The animation was always good but they are really throwing the budget at this series and it shows. I actually really enjoyed season 3 the most so far, and they just announced a 10th anniversary sequel film to First Inspector (great timing for me). Has anyone else seen this series? If not, I do recommend it.

With that finished, I finally started Mob Psycho 100 and I'm already on season 2. The show starts off really slow but after episode 5 I was all in. The show is pretty good but obviously you watch it for the next level animation in the fight scenes. I think I enjoy One Punch Man more but Mob Psycho 100 is the better written, directed, and animated show so far (due to One Punch Man season 2's horrible darkened color saturation vs. season 1, the animation itself was fine for the most part). So I'm going through that right now. I also plan on finally getting to Tekken: Bloodline since I want to support that. 

• 2 weeks later...

You all are missing out on some fantastic gay girl dragon killing fantasy. I can't believe that The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess is looking to be my favorite anime of the season. It's got just the right mix of action, comedy, and drama for me. The latest episode had some lovely traditional animation.