UE 5.1 Demo "Redwood Biome" Available for Download

Mr.Vic20

17 hours ago, best3444 said:

The video wasn't that clear so I wasn't impressed. I'm sure it looks great on a capable PC. 

Actually it didn’t do it for me much in real time either. It obviously looks very life like and that is impressive for a second but I think without physics or any wild life or anything it’s too hollow to impress me. It feels too fake. It’s just a demo obviously, but I probably prefer demos that at least have some kind of designed content. It feels like moving through pictures or something, which i guess is a compliment?

It will be amazing when games are made using this tech of course!

2 hours ago, stepee said:

Actually it didn’t do it for me much in real time either. It obviously looks very life like and that is impressive for a second but I think without physics or any wild life or anything it’s too hollow to impress me. It feels too fake. It’s just a demo obviously, but I probably prefer demos that at least have some kind of designed content. It feels like moving through pictures or something, which i guess is a compliment?

It will be amazing when games are made using this tech of course!

Will this gen of consoles use that tech? Or is that for next gen?

12 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Will this gen of consoles use that tech? Or is that for next gen?

It’s just the UE5.1 feature set - Fortnite is already on consoles using the same tech, just obviously with a very different aim artistically. There will be a whole bunch of console games using it in the next couple years, hopefully a few next year. Star Wars mayyyyy be using it. 

• Shocked 1

3 hours ago, stepee said:

It’s just the UE5.1 feature set - Fortnite is already on consoles using the same tech, just obviously with a very different aim artistically. There will be a whole bunch of console games using it in the next couple years, hopefully a few next year. Star Wars mayyyyy be using it. 

Awesome 👌