Cuba votes to legalize same-sex marriage

Jason

Something that I've always found interesting is that, historically speaking, communist regimes really did tend to emphasize fairly "conservative" social values.

Even when the regime would eliminate (or at least attempt to) the social influence of organized religion, in several instances, the actual social values that were codified into law weren't all that significantly different, especially when it came to the civil liberties of non-heterosexuals.

41 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Something that I've always found interesting is that, historically speaking, communist regimes really did tend to emphasize fairly "conservative" social values.

Even when the regime would eliminate (or at least attempt to) the social influence of organized religion, in several instances, the actual social values that were codified into law weren't all that significantly different, especially when it came to the civil liberties of non-heterosexuals.

Non-hetero relationships can't produce workers for the state.

7 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Non-hetero relationships can't produce workers for the state.

Absolutely correct, but it also went further than restrictions on non-heterosexual behavior.

For example, under Stalin, adultery, abortion, masturbation, and pre-marital sex all became illegal and many of those acts remained illegal under his successors.

I always get a chuckle whenever a conservative complains about the supposed "licentiousness" of communist regimes because it just goes to show that they have no goddamned idea at all...which is par for the course, I suppose.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

"Equality" through oppressive conformity.

5 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

You inundate them with requests and eventually people get tired.