Any of you been to China?

I’m planning a work trip for near the end of August, will be in Shenzhen. I literally have no idea what is close what, but I feel like if I’m going to have to quarantine for 10 days on arrival I better get my monies worth while in country. Any places I should effort to see?

Shenzhen is an interesting place to be. I've only been down there once for a few days. That city changes so much and it's been a long time since I went that I don't have too many things to recommend. Mainly do check out an electronic parts mall because it's just insane to see in person. If you can travel around china while you're there maybe go up to Shanghai, I had fun checking that city out. Do get comfortable with bing and wechat before you go. Google maps won't work and pretty much anything google will require a VPN to use.

If they don't require extra quanentee I would also go check out HK while you're there and so close. Best thing I loved in HK as a game nerd was the Oriental 188 centre as it was decent size mall that was just game store after game store. There is a good chance it's not the same anymore but was still fun to check out.

55613470_IKYcSp_OBLbUHNMxKZ7iF6KRmN8ILog
FOURSQUARE.COM

Shopping Mall in 灣仔, 灣仔區

Victoria Peak is also worth seeing in HK.

640px-High_West_and_Victoria_Peak_from_V
EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG