Ana Dearmas to Star in Yet Another John Wick Spinoff Movie "The Ballerina"

• skillzdadirecta changed the title to Ana Dearmas to Star in Yet Another John Wick Spinoff Movie "The Ballerina"
  • 7 months later...

I do believe the John Wick spin-off film Ballerina is happening, but I'm very skeptical on the Halle Barry spin-off film starring Sofia is actually going to materialize, but I'd be down. I'm also still skeptical that the TV show The Continental will happen given it keeps getting pushed out, now allegedly it's coming in 2023 to Peacock since Starz sold them the rights since they didn't think the show fit with their brand. 

Those are all the spin-offs I'm aware of, and of the 3, I think 1 will happen (maybe all 3, but it'll be awhile). A John Wick: Chapter 5 is also in development already.

• Shocked 1

23 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The Continentla is definitely coming as I'm pretty sure it's in post production now. They'll probably start marketing it right before John Wick 4 comes out... sometime first quarter 2023. I don't know about Halle Berry's spin-off... not sure if that went beyond development.

I hope so - should be interesting to see a prequel.

• 1 year later...

Kind of weird to delay it a year and have John Wick series director Chad Stahelski come in and help director Len Wiseman with additional reshoots and additional action scenes (two directors at the same time?). Either something was really wrong with Wiseman's cut or I don't know. 

I mean, are we sure the director of Underworld 1+2, Live Free or Die Hard (which I like) and the Total Recall remake can deliver a great John Wick spin-off film? I hope so. I like Wiseman but he hasn't directed a feature film since 2012. He's always been solid with action though.

To @Greatonesherepoint, I hadn't considered the Chad being the overseer of the franchise now, so maybe as that happened, then in turn came the delay to make it a better end product. If that is the case, then I applaud the company for having the huevos to delay in hopes of a better return in quality & ultimately, box office numbers.

• Halal 1