Have you considered starting a business?

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Stfu he ain’t doing that lol

I mean… yeah. The idea appealed to me because it seemed easy/simple. Realistically, I know for it to replace my current job would be far more than I’m willing to do. That grind is the thing I’m looking to avoid! :p 

On 4/15/2022 at 5:13 PM, TheLeon said:

I honestly have been wondering lately if I could just walk dogs and pet/house sit as my full time job. My sister has given my name to some friends/neighbors, and I have a couple of gigs lined up for the summer. She lives in one of the nicer areas in town, and they all have dogs. But that also feels like a teenager’s first job type deal, not something for a dude in his early 30s. 

I told my wife to do this if she wants to quit her 

Edit:  pet care is definitely not ideal work for a teenager imo 

My wife and I talk about opening a day care all the time. Every one we call in the area has a full waitlist and charge a minimum $1800 a kid. A couple we called charge $2200 a kid. We lack any of the skills to do it but that business is ripe for the picking. 

16 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

My wife and I talk about opening a day care all the time. Every one we call in the area has a full waitlist and charge a minimum $1800 a kid. A couple we called charge $2200 a kid. We lack any of the skills to do it but that business is ripe for the picking. 

I wonder how much money you’d need to put into that before you start (legal side, provision etc)