PS3 & PsP / PS Vita Store?

HardAct

April 21st 2022:

I know here very soon we are to lose the ps2 and psp / vita sore fronts. I hurried up and grabbed the game that I had bought but lost in the fire and a few others all digital, I actually don't own a single game for the PS Vita on cartridge, fuck that damn fire! Anyways back on topic. Don't you think it would be in Sony's best interest to reveal and a date and have a super flash sale for these unsupported consoles? It's easy money right? Why would they close down the plays store and not reap all the rewards they can first? Makes every bit of sense to me, fingers crossed that they do something like this RIGHT? I would buy a lot for my collection at a steep discount but right now prices are still pretty high. No NINTENDO high but high enough. THOUGHTS?

• HardAct changed the title to PS3 & PsP / PS Vita Store?
41 minutes ago, HardAct said:

Don't you think it would be in Sony's best interest to reveal and a date and have a super flash sale for these unsupported consoles?

I doubt theres a glut of folks waiting on sale like this so likely not

42 minutes ago, HardAct said:

It's easy money right?

I assume that just like other store fronts , Sony cant just gut prices as they see fit. Sales have to be approved by publishers and owners. Sony would have to do a lot of leg work and so would publishers just to pick up scraps from sales.

45 minutes ago, HardAct said:

Why would they close down the plays store and not reap all the rewards they can first?

Because the rewards are drops in a bucket compared to other sales.

hope so, I know that purchased material is still available but new game purchases I thought were going to cease?

The Vita is still a favorite of mine for trips, very small and a great console to play games on from a comfort  stance. I love the 3ds but man is is not fun to hold for games other than Mario etc, side scrollers mostly. The switch is a bit bulky compared to these too. the 3 make up some fun times though for sure. There are at least 10 games I'd love to own on the Vita.. Thing is for me, I owned large collections for games in physical form for all 3 but the fire happened. Replace them has been a challenge and obviously isn't affordable either at least by me. I don't own a single game on cartridge for the vita now and only 4 for the 3ds. I think 5 for the switch, I have now seen the value of digital library collections over physicals. Oh well lessons learned I guess...