LEAP - a 60-person multiplayer PC FPS that looks like Halo/Tribes/Unreal Tournament had a baby

Commissar SFLUFAN

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1641923897
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

LEAP is a fast-paced, multiplayer first-person shooter featuring epic battles with up to 60 players, each armed to the teeth. Fight for either the United Earth Defense Coalition (UEDC) or the rebel Exo-Terrans - whoever pays the most, wins your trigger finger and excessive arsenal.

I think it looks interesting, but I was also a big Tribes: Ascend fan (and a bit of Tribes 2, but I came to that party too late). I have always liked larger-scale multiplayer shooters, but the key is to build a game with objects that people naturally work together towards. Like Battlefield, despite its appearances, has not felt like a large-scale multiplayer game in recent iterations. Rather, its a bunch of small-scale matches surrounding the capture points while you occasionally get sniped or killed by a helicopter as you move outside the capture point area.

4 hours ago, stepee said:

Man that looks fun as hell to play, wish it had a campaign attached.

While I'm always for a good campaign, looking at the gameplay I can't imagine a campaign being anything but hot trash. :lol: Sometimes you can tell just by how a game feels that no one really designed it with a story mode in mind.

Although if it was a fun old-school challenge mode style campaign that could be neat.