I need help with 4k / 120 VRR, Dolby vision, DDR10+ True HDMI 2.1 cables guys!!

HardAct

I need to buy 3 12-15 ' cables that are Certified True HDMI 2.1 for my upcoming 83" LGC1 coming to be installed on NOV 27th. They have to capable of running a 3090, and ps5 and XSX {I don't own a 3090 or PS5 yet}. There all so misleading and I'm sure many of you here have already made these purchases. Sucks because I know 3m long won't cut it, and even 12' will tight'ish Anyone here recommend some great cables that won't break the bank but will future proof this TV?? I need to order these today to get them here in time. so afraid of getting ones that say "True and or Certified, etc and having issues down the line. I will have an Xbox Series X to test them with, so what do you think?

I'M EYEING THESE HERE but wasn't wanting 16' but longer is better than short, inputs are all the way on one side of TV, then about 3 feet just to wall behind tv, 6' down and have some extra to reach both end of my entertainment center

• HardAct changed the title to I need help with 4k / 120 VRR, Dolby vision, DDR10+ True HDMI 2.1 cables guys!!

I guess, I'm just wanting to have all the cables ready for the installers to pass through the wall wire kit even though most won't be needed for awhile. I'm sure 3 Hdmi and 1 ethernet and 1 optical cable will be a tight fit. Even worse If I have to take one or more out and have to pass them through the in wall kit, 10days away man and I'll have MY DREAM home theater over 3/4 of the way done. A 83" LG OLed is gonna be so frikkin awesome, along with one of the best rated HD Bluray you can buy, and a XSX hooked up to my 7.2 system is such a dream. :D

51 minutes ago, HardAct said:

I guess, I'm just wanting to have all the cables ready for the installers to pass through the wall wire kit even though most won't be needed for awhile. I'm sure 3 Hdmi and 1 ethernet and 1 optical cable will be a tight fit. Even worse If I have to take one or more out and have to pass them through the in wall kit, 10days away man and I'll have MY DREAM home theater over 3/4 of the way done. A 83" LG OLed is gonna be so frikkin awesome, along with one of the best rated HD Bluray you can buy, and a XSX hooked up to my 7.2 system is such a dream. :D

Check the cables I linked to from Amazon for reals, they are like $25 for your size and it works perfectly for hdmi 2.1 features from my usage. A hdmi cable is basically an hdmi cable once you get the right 48gb/s spec.

You’ll probably have the biggest problem with the receiver which I don’t have any experience with but have read even 2.1 ready ones are a nightmare getting everything working.

Oh I know about the receiver issues very well. This is why I haven't gotten one or even have my mind set on one. I jumped on the speakers because I saved literally 1600 bucks buying them when I did, they are now much more. But I'm rocking 7.2 right now with a budget Onkyo receiver and this is fine for now. I want this all to be perfect and am willing to wait for the right AVR. I'm thinking about waiting for the actual 2021 models as there aren't any out at all. There all 2020 with patches or dongles for 2.1 to fully work. I don't have the 4 Atmos speakers up yet and I just want to have the hardware for the in wall mounting all set and ready to go so that there just there hanging and ready to plug in when I do get what I'm looking for. I saved 1500 on the TV waiting it to drop below 5k and I have 90 price match guaranty too, so I'm good through Black Friday, Christmas, and early new years sales!!

7 hours ago, HardAct said:

I need to buy 3 12-15 ' cables that are Certified True HDMI 2.1 for my upcoming 83" LGC1 coming to be installed on NOV 27th. They have to capable of running a 3090, and ps5 and XSX {I don't own a 3090 or PS5 yet}. There all so misleading and I'm sure many of you here have already made these purchases. Sucks because I know 3m long won't cut it, and even 12' will tight'ish Anyone here recommend some great cables that won't break the bank but will future proof this TV?? I need to order these today to get them here in time. so afraid of getting ones that say "True and or Certified, etc and having issues down the line. I will have an Xbox Series X to test them with, so what do you think?

I'M EYEING THESE HERE but wasn't wanting 16' but longer is better than short, inputs are all the way on one side of TV, then about 3 feet just to wall behind tv, 6' down and have some extra to reach both end of my entertainment center

These should be fine, you are looking for this 

UHS Cable Identification

which the cables you linked do say they have.

@HardAct

Just friendly piece of installer advice

Tag and test the cables prior to install. And if you need 3 working cables by a drop dead date then you want to buy 4. If you dont need it , just return it. Depending on the pull the installer should have some string to tie on for later pulls, if they dont you can use a piece of speaker cable.  If its a straight drop down the wall then its not a big deal but if they cross thru wall studs the pull string will save you a mountain of headaches in the future.

Food for thought

4 hours ago, SimpleG said:

@HardAct

Just friendly piece of installer advice

Tag and test the cables prior to install. And if you need 3 working cables by a drop dead date then you want to buy 4. If you don't need it , just return it. Depending on the pull the installer should have some string to tie on for later pulls, if they don't you can use a piece of speaker cable.  If its a straight drop down the wall then its not a big deal but if they cross thru wall studs the pull string will save you a mountain of headaches in the future.

Food for thought

Thanks man, yea I just need 2 for now, Xbox series x and Panasonic Uhd Blu-ray player. I bought 4 and 2 optical cables all will be here in 5 days, plenty of time. Thanks for the tips. From what I'm seeing anyways it's a strait drop, just normal hiding in wall and The cables were rated for that. I also bought the 7ch Outlaw amp from them directly as BB and Amazon doesn't carry it damnit. the reviews are great and I think it's being discontinued but for a 7ch amp for 1k is really great. so I just went for it. It can really push my 7 floor speakers to reference as my budget Onkyo isn't really suited for what I'm going for, but right now it's Banging the 7.2 and can still rattle the house along with the Duel SVS 1000pro subs! It's not about volume per say, it clarity at low and medium levels with out the AVR having to muddy the sound to push all channels. Haven't had an amp on any stereo or home theater in almost 22 years...lol It's all coming together now. To get 7ch amps like this Outlaw from brands like Emotive, Anthem, or Monolith are a fortune with the high-end connection and at least 150watts per. It's crazy.

Here is the Outlaw 7000x 7ch amplifier , I just had to try it. It's a nice size, will fit in my space perfectly and has power and then some for my 7 surround channels. Then any AVR I get can handle the 4 remaining Atmos Heights with ease as they get the least use anyway. Anyone try this brand? Oh and 5yr warranty, that makes it a better feeling purchase!