Star Ocean The Divine Force - [10/27/2022 for Playstation / Xbox / Steam]

Keyser_Soze

If I had a PS5 then I would buy this on day one, because I really enjoyed the demo. But the PS4 version is extremely low res with a blurry Vaseline smeared over the screen look to it that distracted me the entire time that I played the demo. The graphics aren’t that advanced, so there’s no reason for the PS4 version to be so low res when other much better looking PS4 games aren’t.

Alright, some things to note about the PC version! Just initial impressions stuff:

Game only allows choosing between 30 and 60 FPS. I suspect this'll be fixed in a day or so by modders, but it's a bit annoying.

The game pre-compiles shaders on launch, which is great. Unfortunately, it doesn't actually apply them! You have to go into the game's options after it's launched and turn precompiled shaders on or you'll get stutters. So you gotta wait for it twice, but unless you change something about your PC that should be it. No stutters once I enabled the option in-game. So a little annoying but very glad the option is there.

Game doesn't display ultrawide resolutions but still runs in ultrawide? I just chose 3840x2160 and it's clearly running at 3440x1440, with the UI centered properly where it'd be at with a 16:9 aspect ratio, nothing stretched or weird, so that's great! Again, weird but works properly somehow.

The vaseline filter appears to still be here, but if you disable "bloom" it is dramatically reduced.

The smoke and shit from the PS5 version do not seem to slow anything down.

HDR is supported but it appears broken, hopefully they can fix it soon.

All in all an acceptable port, needs a bit more work, but nothing terrible, they appear to have actually tried to make a good port and it at least runs better than the console versions, which suffered severe frame drops in certain areas while looking at certain things.

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

This shit's like comfort food to me. Voice acting that ranges from bad to kind of okay depending on the actor and the moment, middling visuals, a pretty fun combat system, exploring a semi-open world, fantasy towns and music, weird anime characters. It's like I'm back in 2001 and I love every second!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hugs 1

On 10/28/2022 at 10:17 AM, Mr.Vic20 said:

I didn't like it, I LOVED it! I can't even remember the story, but I still remember the battle systems and character progression systems and I really enjoyed them! 

I get Infinite Undiscovery and The Last Remnant confused. I played one of them back in the day and didn't like it, but I have no idea which one it was lol.

10 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I get Infinite Undiscovery and The Last Remnant confused. I played one of them back in the day and didn't like it, but I have no idea which one it was lol.

Ifinite undiscovery is a regular JRPG more or less, Last Remnant had that funky team battle dynamic. IT was some where between a turn based strat and a regular RPG. 

Free download the first and last remnant the last remnant we had [1280x723]  for your Desktop, Mobile & Tablet | Explore 48+ Wallpaper Remnants Online |  Wallpaper for Sale Online, Discontinued Wallpaper

Whelp, I've just beat Star Ocean 6 after 31 hours. The plot was brain dead. The writers attempt to explain the plot worse still. Combat was fun, but by the end I wondered if any of my upgrading made much of a difference. But by far the game's biggest sin (aside from the usual JRPG  infintile crap) was 

Spoiler

Using the shit plot as an excuse, nay A VALID REASON, to have the same 5 bosses OVER 3 times a piece! THE BALLS! 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Whelp, I've just beat Star Ocean 6 after 31 hours. The plot was brain dead. The writers attempt to explain the plot worse still. Combat was fun, but by the end I wondered if any of my upgrading made much of a difference. But by far the game's biggest sin (aside from the usual JRPG  infintile crap) was 

Reveal hidden contents

You just saved me some money. Thank you kind sir. 

• Halal 1