Update: Ghost Recon: Frontline Closed Test has been indefinitely postponed

Commissar SFLUFAN

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Ghost Recon: Frontline is just another goddamned Battle Royale
31 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Is it a BR? Seems to just be massive PvP style Dark Zone of sorts.  Does it have a closing zone?

You go in, collect loot, extract?  Almost like a play on Escape from Tarkov?

In the technical term, no, it's not a "battle royale" per se. I was just using it as a broad generalization for a large-scale 100-player MP. 

That said, it doesn't matter. This isn't Ghost Recon. Ubi still continues to either be the worst trolls in gaming, or completely clueless. They literally spent twenty minutes telling the fans that GR wouldn't be there without them, then showed us something literally none of the fans were asking for. They could have literally slapped any name on this.

What made GR great for its time was that it was different. When Halo 2 was king and arena shooters were a dime a dozen, Ghost Recon 2 was off doing its own thing. That's WHY it had its fans. Now it's just another of Ubi's franchises chasing trends, trying to be like all the others.

The fact that it's 100 players means that it's practically guaranteed to be free-to-play, which means it'll have some shitty monetization model and all the other bullshit that comes with it.

I might as well just assume that GR is dead. I've held out hope for a long time, but Ubi still shows to be completely disconnected. People want smaller, more focused Assassin's Creed, so they double-down on an expandable, "infinite" AC. People want Splinter Cell, still no Splinter Cell. People want classic Ghost Recon, we get this crap. The list goes on and on. (Should we even mention xDefiant)

Fuck Ubisoft. I'm so pissed right now LOL.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Ghost Recon: Frontline is just another goddamned kinda/sorta Battle Royale
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: Ghost Recon: Frontline Closed Test has been indefinitely postponed