Chucky TV Series - SyFy & USA (Season 3 Returns Oct. 4th)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So did anyone watch the first episode or the 2nd one it seems already aired in the states? First episode was ok but it did setup the tension that we should be seeing throughout the series coming up. Is it campy? It’s a fucking killer doll trying to blend in as a kids toy. Although this plays out more like Cult of Chucky, with some chuckles with bloody chunks here and there too. Plus it looks like we are going to see what made Chucky the way he is with a brief moment with him see as a kid with his mom. I’ll give it a few more episodes and see what develops 

3 hours ago, silentbob said:

So did anyone watch the first episode or the 2nd one it seems already aired in the states? First episode was ok but it did setup the tension that we should be seeing throughout the series coming up. Is it campy? It’s a fucking killer doll trying to blend in as a kids toy. Although this plays out more like Cult of Chucky, with some chuckles with bloody chunks here and there too. Plus it looks like we are going to see what made Chucky the way he is with a brief moment with him see as a kid with his mom. I’ll give it a few more episodes and see what develops 

Is this available on any streaming services? I thought it was on Peacock but i couldn't find it.

2 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

Is this available on any streaming services? I thought it was on Peacock but i couldn't find it.

yeah pretty sure it's on Peacock. I saw the first episode on syfy...not what I expected but not horrible. I can't really speak too much about how it falls into the cannon as the only movies I think I'ver seen is the first two, maybe the third.

38 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

yeah pretty sure it's on Peacock. I saw the first episode on syfy...not what I expected but not horrible. I can't really speak too much about how it falls into the cannon as the only movies I think I'ver seen is the first two, maybe the third.

From what I saw in some promo/trailer. It seems that everything was cannon for the series, because I saw some people from the end of Cult of Chucky movie. Plus the original kid of the first Child’s Play was heard on the phone talking about the no batteries. He was also in the last 2 flicks sort of hunting down Chucky along with his mom. They are very brief moments in the flicks but must of been an idea he had leading into the series 

21 minutes ago, silentbob said:

From what I saw in some promo/trailer. It seems that everything was cannon for the series, because I saw some people from the end of Cult of Chucky movie. Plus the original kid of the first Child’s Play was heard on the phone talking about the no batteries. He was also in the last 2 flicks sort of hunting down Chucky along with his mom. They are very brief moments in the flicks but must of been an idea he had leading into the series 

how many movies have they done?

2 hours ago, silentbob said:

quick google search says 7 in this franchise

Childs Play 1-3

Bride of Chucky

Seed of Chucky

Curse of Chucky

Cult of Chucky

then I think I've seen 1-3 (if 3 is the army kid one) and maybe bits and pieces of one or two others on cable but never watched all the way through. I know I watched the original not that long ago. May binge the rest if they are any of the services I have

23 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

okay so far I've watched 2,3, and bride. I'd only seen bits of bride on cable so it was mostly new to me.

from what I saw the first and Cult of a Chucky seem to be the ones I would say watch before the series. Again just from what I have seen in the trailer preview with some character info. Curse also helped develop one in particular but kind of refresh their story with Cult

• 1 year later...
  • SoberChef changed the title to Chucky TV Series - SyFy & USA (Season 3 Returns Oct. 3rd)
  • SoberChef changed the title to Chucky TV Series - SyFy & USA (Season 3 Returns Oct. 4th)

I really enjoyed season 1. It had some shocking and clever kills, decent dark humor and a fun finale, which is what I'd want from a Chucky series. Season 2 was an absolute sludge to get through. That school setting ended up being so fricking boring, aside from that main priest. I don't know why, but I enjoyed his scenes. It almost felt like he was overly dedicated to his role or something, but in a good way. 

I feel like I'm over Tilly, at this point. Even though he's not a great actor, having Andy back is great. I could take or leave the main 3. It seems like they wanted to give the kids some depth, but they make the same silly decisions that everyone else makes in horror films.

That being said, I'm in for season 3. Why not!

21 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

Deven Sawa has been a godsend for this series!!

Just realized he's the president! Yes, yes. Very good. Should've paid more attention to the teaser.

Edit: Just did a (not so) deep dive on him. He was the main kid in the first Final Destination?!

11 minutes ago, stepee said:

@SoberChef so, overall impression, worth watching? Funny?

I'd say it all depends on your relationship to the franchise. I've grown up w/ Chucky since I was a kid myself. I've loved each & every entry, warts & all at times because the humor just hits my vein right! There's so many call backs & nods to things throughout the numerous films that lay within the series that is so well done. IDK WTF they're gonna do w/ the President & the White House, but in a way if gives me 'Freddy v. Jason v. Ash: Nightmare Warriors' vibes & that's pretty freaking cool in my book!