New Unreal Engine 5 breakdown video (Early Access for devs)

crispy4000

54 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Very impressive stuff. If games can look even close to that good with this new gen of consoles it'll be a treat.

Notable, but in no way surprising, that they target 4k @ 30 fps for the consoles.

Well, upscaled from 1080p with a temporal solution.

I noticed some framerate dips when they were fighting the boss, running from the PC build.  So like anything, we'll have to see how optimization shakes out.

1 hour ago, crispy4000 said:

Well, upscaled from 1080p with a temporal solution.

I noticed some framerate dips when they were fighting the boss, running from the PC build.  So like anything, we'll have to see how optimization shakes out.

I was pretty sure they said 4k, but after going back I think you're right. The wording they use in that top video is "quality approaching true native 4k at the cost of 1080p." That wording was in the temporal super resolution section, which what they refer to as their AA tech, but I guess it's more like DLSS.

I wonder how TSR and DLSS will interact, or if TSR will even be an option in PC games.

Regardless, what I was really getting at is that people should still expect many games to target 30fps on this new gen of consoles.

1 hour ago, TwinIon said:

I was pretty sure they said 4k, but after going back I think you're right. The wording they use in that top video is "quality approaching true native 4k at the cost of 1080p." That wording was in the temporal super resolution section, which what they refer to as their AA tech, but I guess it's more like DLSS.

I wonder how TSR and DLSS will interact, or if TSR will even be an option in PC games.

Regardless, what I was really getting at is that people should still expect many games to target 30fps on this new gen of consoles.

Soinds like it’s something they developed with AMD.  Might be the latter’s solution, or not.

Some people are saying from the preview build that the artifacting is visible.  But there’s also been rumors that it cleans up nicer than DLSS in some ways, but fakes higher resolution less successfully.

Picture1.jpg
DEVELOPER.NVIDIA.COM

Unreal Engine 5 (UE5) is available in Early Access, delivering the next-generation engine from Epic Games that will further propel the industry forward.

DLSS confirmed to be an option for UE5 as well "in the coming weeks."