FINAL FANTASY XIV Digital Fan Festival 2021 starts today!

My twin brother and I absolutely loved ff14 online. It's a fantastic mmo and we had such a great experience with it. Met really cool people online that we would hangout with etc. Great memories and anyone interested in trying a mmorpg ff14 imo is the best one ever made. 

Pre-ordered. Thank god that physical CE was sold out by the time I saw it. Prolly would have hype bought it and would have eventually felt like it was a waste of money. Nearly every CE I have ever bought has ended up being a waste of money. Or they would have been if I didn't even up selling them for profit years later after it sat collecting dust. The only CEs that are good CEs are CEs that comes with things that I can actually use. SS with the Wii-mote. This titty anime game that came with a titty mouse pad and anime girl pillow case. The RIFT CE with it's graphic novel and mouse pad. Those were some actually useful CEs. 

This is, I think, only the second physical collector's edition I've ever ordered. The first was, ironically enough, FFXIV 1.0. But that one was much cheaper and barely had any extra stuff, so I didn't really consider it a CE, was just handy to have the authenticator back then and I thought the box was kinda neat. Still have the authenticator! Lost everything else during a bad move sadly. Also a shame the game was a total pile of shit back then.

Generally I don't give a shit about CEs, but... goddammit, I'm a sucker for Paladin stuff. Luckily WoW never did too much with Paladins and physical CEs so I never had to worry about it there. But Passage of Arms? I ain't much for figures but I'll happily have that little shit on my desk!

After tax it was $243, which is... significantly more than I usually spend on any games. And that's not counting the fact that I also bought the Fan Fest digital items simply because I've never gotten to participate in Fan Fest before and it had a bunch of FF4-related stuff. All told I think I spent over $300 just on FFXIV today. And I don't regret it one bit? Game is fucking fantastic, and they've been absolutely killing it lately. I'm still not one to buy mounts from the real money store but for an event that happens once every 2 years for a game I have nearly 200 days played time in? I'm okay with it. 

...but hopefully next time I don't get tempted into buying the physical CE. This shit's expensive.

1 minute ago, Xbob42 said:

This is, I think, only the second physical collector's edition I've ever ordered. The first was, ironically enough, FFXIV 1.0. But that one was much cheaper and barely had any extra stuff, so I didn't really consider it a CE, was just handy to have the authenticator back then and I thought the box was kinda neat. Still have the authenticator! Lost everything else during a bad move sadly.

Generally I don't give a shit about CEs, but... goddammit, I'm a sucker for Paladin stuff. Luckily WoW never did too much with Paladins and physical CEs so I never had to worry about it there. But Passage of Arms? I ain't much for figures but I'll happily have that little shit on my desk!

After tax it was $243, which is... significantly more than I usually spend on any games. And that's not counting the fact that I also bought the Fan Fest digital items simply because I've never gotten to participate in Fan Fest before and it had a bunch of FF4-related stuff. All told I think I spent over $300 just on FFXIV today. And I don't regret it one bit? Game is fucking fantastic, and they've been absolutely killing it lately. I'm still not one to buy mounts from the real money store but for an event that happens once every 2 years for a game I have nearly 200 days played time in? I'm okay with it. 

...but hopefully next time I don't get tempted into buying the physical CE. This shit's expensive.

I want to guillotine you for getting it, but I also want to updoot you because you got it. I am jelly, but I also don't want to blow that money. 

30 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

This is, I think, only the second physical collector's edition I've ever ordered. The first was, ironically enough, FFXIV 1.0. But that one was much cheaper and barely had any extra stuff, so I didn't really consider it a CE, was just handy to have the authenticator back then and I thought the box was kinda neat. Still have the authenticator! Lost everything else during a bad move sadly. Also a shame the game was a total pile of shit back then.

Fuck it. If you want it, get it. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks FF14 is an amazing game. I only ever played WOW for maybe one day and it didn't grab my attention like ff. I just think the way the game is designed and how it plays and looks is phenomenal. 

I'm no longer interested in mmorpgs since my brother passed. If I went back to the game it would be too emotional for me. Regardless, I'm ranting but glad you guys are still enjoying what this game provides.